Fitness

Why do I have an indentation in thigh muscle?

Query: Hello doctor,About a week ago, I noticed this indentation on my left thigh. It looks like a long line across it. It is most visible when the leg is placed horizontally and the muscle is relaxed. I cannot see it when I stand up or bend my leg. I think it appeared recently because I would have noticed...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is most probably related to the muscular and fatty tissue configuration of your body. Since you have been working out, it probably started to appear due to the augmentation of your muscles. It fits into the normal configuration and there is nothing to be worried a...  Read Full »

How to pick the best protein powder for me?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old male. My body weight is not proportionate to my age and height. Please let me know the proportion that has to be noticed while selecting the best protein powder to gain weight?  Read Full »

Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you the following proportion to keep in mind while selecting a protein powder: Low fat (1 to 5 grams is good). Low carbohydrate (1 to 5 grams is good). High protein (normally about 20 to 30 grams per serving). Go for concentrate powders - that is ...  Read Full »

I have polymyositis. Is my exercise plan good to follow?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a health and exercise question. I am 24 years old and I weigh 293 lbs, 5'9". I have polymyositis. I started a new workout today. I did five pushups, five reps, five squats, eight reps, 20 standing stiff leg ups, seven reps, five flys, eight rep, 10 curls, 10 reps using two eigh...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having polymyositis, you should start with a fewer resistance exercise and more of stretching exercises to improve flexibility. Yes, the exercise plan you made is fine for a good start. But maintain the muscle length through stretching exercises before initiation of the...  Read Full »

I am struggling with body image and want to become slimmer. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old female dancer and my weight is 8.5 stone and my height is 5 feet 5 inches. I am currently struggling with issues of body image, being a dancer. I always feel I need to be slimmer than I am and it has got to a point where I feel that I should eat very little and occa...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and I can understand what you are going through. I am sure you understand it is only your mind which is making you think you need to be thinner. Are you aware that there are many many dancers who are fat, really fat and they dance like a pro and ...  Read Full »

I am uncomfortable with my baby getting attached to my mother-in-law. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not sure if this is the right category to post my question in. My problem is with my mother-in-law. Or maybe the problem is with me, after all.My baby boy is now 8 months old. He is a handful most days. He is not the type that plays by himself and he gets bored really quickly. He ...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from an adjustment disorder. The anger and frustration are due to your new role as a mother. A mother-child bonding is unique. Nobody can separate your son from you. Of course, he belongs to you. But, he is also her grandchild and hence it is alright...  Read Full »

The internal rotation of my hip is very low. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, Just to give you a bit of a background, I am a young male who is heavily involved in sports. Several months ago, I noticed my left (non-dominant side) hip internal rotation is very low or practically non-existent. I also noticed pinching at the front of my hip when getting into a deep ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not possible to come to any conclusion without a proof. You need to do an X-ray of the hip and pelvic joint. There might be anterior tilting of the pelvis because of which movement of the hip joint is restricted during internal rotation. In that case, it will ge...  Read Full »

How much can I walk daily?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 52 year old, and I do not have any health problems yet. How much can I walk daily?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is advised to walk for about 30 to 40 minutes daily. This is ideal in a clean pollution free surrounding. Brisk walking is excellent, and running is advised as per suitability, based on your stamina and practice. Regards. For more information consult an orthopaedicia...  Read Full »

Can I use muscle mass gainer to gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 17 years old. Can I use muscle mass gainer to gain weight?  Read Full »

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, you should check your thyroid level, stress level, bone density and worm test. If all the above tests are fine, then follow the chart. Daily exercise with proper diet will help you in achieving your weight with fitness. You have to eat every 2 hours. You have to ...  Read Full »

Is there a way to lose the leg fat without dieting?

Query: Hello doctor, My legs are very fat, and it makes me uncomfortable. Overall I am fit, but only my legs are fat. Is there any way of losing the leg fat without dieting? Is there any workout for better cardio and also to achieve six pack abs?  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can do toe standing exercises, stand on your toes while balancing the body for 10 counts, repeat it 15 times. Try squatting, fast static marching, and adductor stretching or butterfly stretching, all for 20 times. Walking is the best form of exercise, everyday walk...  Read Full »

Kindly provide your guidance for fitness.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female working with a private company and staying away from family. I need your guidance and opinion for fitness and nutrition. I have started gaining weight on the belly, thighs and butts. So, I have recently started running, stretching, jogging and a few of abdominal...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query completely. I feel that you are genuinely very much health conscious and I like such people. Even though you stay away, you have a lot of things that can be done for a healthy leaving. First of all, vitamin D supplements are sometimes n...  Read Full »