Q. Can the dental issues cause pain in the throat?

Dr. Ashok Kumar Srivastava

Last week I traveled with my cousin. He had a mild fever and cold. We traveled for nine to ten hours in the car, and we were together for a week. After reaching the destination, I ate lots of fish for two to three days, and we had a party so I had some drinks and then I slept off. After waking up, I found my left cheek very heavy, so I took Vitamin B complex and Azithral 500 mg for three days (one tablet each day). While yawning, my left jaw was paining, and there was some discomfort on the left side of my throat while eating. I used to gargle with salt water, and I took the medicines mentioned above. Now the pain in the left jaw has subsided, but the last teeth of the left side are giving some trouble. I am attaching some photos. Kindly advise.

#

Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern.

I had gone through the attachments (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). It appears you are having some dental issues. The attached picture shows a retromolar ulcer on the left side of the lower jaw.

I suggest; a) Warm saline mouth wash. b) Analgesic anti-inflammatory tablet.

Consult your dentist for thorough examination and treatment. I would also suggest taking an RT-PCR (reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction) as your cousin was suffering from a cold and fever.

Could you suggest some analgesic anti-inflammatory tablets? Is Betadine with warm water gargle sufficient? What is warm saline mouth wash?

#

Warm saline mouth wash means putting a very little amount of salt in lukewarm water and using this solution to rinse the mouth cavity and may do gargle as well.

If you have Betadine mouth wash, that will also do the same function.

For the anti-inflammatory analgesic tab, I suggest using any preparation having Aceclofenac with Paracetamol.

|