Q. Is my thyroid function test report normal?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Published on Aug 01, 2017

All of a sudden, my skin has become very dry, but it was oily before. So, I got a thyroid profile done, and the values are T3 1.35, T4 12.4, and TSH 0.77.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

I just read your query about your thyroid function test, and it appears that you have a normal thyroid function. Although it would have been better if you had mentioned the units of each as well.

• Nonetheless, I would advise you to repeat your thyroid function test after six weeks just because it is all on the lower limit of normal now, so it must be observed regularly.
  • Just observe the pattern of your monthly cycles, your weight, and heart rate over a period. Hope you find my advice of some benefit. Good luck.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

My thyroid medicine makes me sick. Should it be changed?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been diagnosed hypothyroid. I am currently taking WP Thyroid. I have taken Armour and Nature-thyroid. They all make me sick to my stomach. I tried adding generic T3 and it made my symptoms worse, that is, hair loss, cold hands and feet, weight gain, fatigue, GERD, and constipatio...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have hypothyroidism. However, you have missed mentioning the thyroid function test results in detail, so as to enable me to suggest an appropriate drug for you. Hope you revert with your thyro...  Read Full

My thyroids are enlarged and asymmetrical. Should I visit an endocrinologist?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old woman, who in the last six months began to experience thyroid symptoms. I am in the process of looking for a new physician, but I live in a very remote area with a significant shortage of medical professionals, so I am in a lot of ways on my own here. My mother had h...  Read Full >>

Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks a lot for such a detailed history, it makes my job easier. I would want to know what was the result of the biopsy or FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology). Based on that, I shall be in a better position to tell you the next step. Your thyroid is functioning to i...  Read Full

I developed itchy and dry skin after dyeing hair in salon. Can you have a look?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about my skin condition. I have developed a really itchy and dry skin after I dyed my hair. Here are the symptoms. I do not know what the condition is as my appointment is months away. Can I attach pictures?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and examined your given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems you have developed allergic contact dermatitis to hair dye. Though you may not have had this on your previous exposure, now onwards you may have a severe re...  Read Full

Ask an Endocrinologist Now