I have thyroid for the last three years and currently taking 75 mcg Eltroxin medicine. My doctor suggested testing antithyroid peroxidase antibodies two months back as I was facing severe dry eyes and headache, and nothing was working. My TPO was 381, then the doctor suggested a throat infection test and came positive. After that, I took a dose of antibiotics which cured my issues. No, as I m facing an issue again in my eyes so tested TPO again, and it again came high 386.
Could you please guide me about TPO, what tests I need to do further, and how to treat it?
I have a cold, sneezing, dry nose, mucus-filled nose issue all the time for the last seven years, and no medicine could treat it.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1. What is your thyroid profile report?
2. Is there any disturbance with your digestion as it can increase the autoimmunity and cause antithyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPO) to be high?
3. Selenium supplementation can help bring your TPO levels down. I will suggest taking a tablet Thyrowel once a day after breakfast for one month and then repeat.
4. Use artificial teardrops. Refresh tear eye drops twice daily in both eyes for three weeks.
5. Take green tea twice daily.
6. Take antiallergic and Crocin if needed for symptomatic relief.
1) I have attached my reports. The current TSH is 2.1.
2) No digestion issues.
3) Using teardrops and lubricant gel from the last seven months but no relief.
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
Please provide T3 (triiodothyronine), T4 (thyroxine), TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) reports.
Check Vitamin D also.
Take antiallergic tablet Ebast M (Ebastine and Montelukast) once a day after dinner for three days.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. her reports, and it appears that she has postpartum thyroiditis. She can start tablet Carbimazole (Neo-Mercazole) 5 mg twice daily for four weeks and then repeat her thyroid function test to adjust her dose further. I hope you find my advice benef... Read fullWorst Headache Ever? It Could be Brain Aneurysm!!
.. is a potentially fatal condition that needs emergency care. This article helps you understand this condition and educates you regarding your treatment options .. ... Read fullWill dry eyes cause blurring of vision?
.. eyes can cause blurring of vision. As you said you feel your one eye is not closed properly while sleeping, so there is a greater chance of getting cornea dry and can lead to exposure keratopathy. But you have not mentioned any history of stroke o... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an Endocrinologist Now