Q. I am having severe dry eyes and headache. What tests do I need to do further?

Dr. Rahul Kackar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I have thyroid for the last three years and currently taking 75 mcg Eltroxin medicine. My doctor suggested testing antithyroid peroxidase antibodies two months back as I was facing severe dry eyes and headache, and nothing was working. My TPO was 381, then the doctor suggested a throat infection test and came positive. After that, I took a dose of antibiotics which cured my issues. No, as I m facing an issue again in my eyes so tested TPO again, and it again came high 386.

Could you please guide me about TPO, what tests I need to do further, and how to treat it?

I have a cold, sneezing, dry nose, mucus-filled nose issue all the time for the last seven years, and no medicine could treat it.

#

1. What is your thyroid profile report?

2. Is there any disturbance with your digestion as it can increase the autoimmunity and cause antithyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPO) to be high?

3. Selenium supplementation can help bring your TPO levels down. I will suggest taking a tablet Thyrowel once a day after breakfast for one month and then repeat.

4. Use artificial teardrops. Refresh tear eye drops twice daily in both eyes for three weeks.

5. Take green tea twice daily.

6. Take antiallergic and Crocin if needed for symptomatic relief.

1) I have attached my reports. The current TSH is 2.1.

2) No digestion issues.

3) Using teardrops and lubricant gel from the last seven months but no relief.

#

Please provide T3 (triiodothyronine), T4 (thyroxine), TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) reports.

Check Vitamin D also.

Take antiallergic tablet Ebast M (Ebastine and Montelukast) once a day after dinner for three days.

|