Q. Why is there numbness with tingling sensation in my right hand ring finger?

Dr. Mayank Agarwal
Published on Aug 10, 2018

Before a month, I carried heavy grocery bags and after that my right-hand ring finger got numb with a tingling sensation. It is persistent for the past one month.

Dr. Mayank Agarwal

Family Physician
#

Carrying heavy grocery bags just once will not cause any numbness in ring finger with a tingling sensation. Do you work for long hours on a computer using the keyboard? Your symptoms indicate nerve entrapment like carpal tunnel syndrome. Even, if your nerve is injured while lifting heavy grocery bags, then by one month, it should have healed as nerve regeneration, it reaches one inch per month. You can take nutritional supplements like Alpha lipoic acid and Vitamin B12.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

Can radiation from phone result in nerve problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a tingling, warm and very uncomfortable sensation in my finger when I touch my phone. What could it be? I am very afraid it is due to the radiation from the phone.  Read Full »

Can carpal tunnel syndrome cause stiff neck and pain in arm?

Query: Hello doctor, Six months back I was diagnosed by two doctors and tests with carpal tunnel syndrome. The suggestion was to go for an operation which regretfully I delayed until recently. The symptoms got worse. Now I have an appointment next month with a specialist. Meanwhile, I have pins and needle...  Read Full »

My vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it?

Query: Hi doctor, As I took master health blood test and in the result, my vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it? I am afraid of this. Please help me.  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now