Q. Why is there numbness with tingling sensation in my right hand ring finger?

Dr. Mayank Agarwal

Before a month, I carried heavy grocery bags and after that my right-hand ring finger got numb with a tingling sensation. It is persistent for the past one month.

Do you have a question on Tingling Sensation In Finger or Vitamin B12?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Mayank Agarwal

MD PHYSIOLOGY., MBBS
Family Physician

Carrying heavy grocery bags just once will not cause any numbness in ring finger with a tingling sensation. Do you work for long hours on a computer using the keyboard? Your symptoms indicate nerve entrapment like carpal tunnel syndrome. Even, if your nerve is injured while lifting heavy grocery bags, then by one month, it should have healed as nerve regeneration, it reaches one inch per month. You can take nutritional supplements like Alpha lipoic acid and Vitamin B12.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

My phone makes my hand tingle. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a tingling, warm and very uncomfortable sensation in my finger when I touch my phone. What could it be? I am very afraid it is due to the radiation from the phone.  Read Full »
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are exposed to variable amounts of radiation from our cell phones. However, it is not strong enough to cause tingling and numbness or nerve damage. The only way to know if your phone is causing it is to abandon using it for a day or two and check if the symptoms s...  Read Full »

Can carpal tunnel syndrome cause stiff neck and pain in arm?
Query: Hello doctor, Six months back I was diagnosed by two doctors and tests with carpal tunnel syndrome. The suggestion was to go for an operation which regretfully I delayed until recently. The symptoms got worse. Now I have an appointment next month with a specialist. Meanwhile, I have pins and needle...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Carpel tunnel syndrome will not cause any symptoms in the upper arm. However, it could be due to cervical nerve compression. This could be associated with or without the carpel tunnel syndrome independently. In my opinion, you should go for nerve conduction velocity NCV...  Read Full »

My vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it?
Query: Hi doctor, As I took master health blood test and in the result, my vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it? I am afraid of this. Please help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly provide me any other clinical complaint if you have. Kindly mention whether you have taken any vitamin B12 supplement or tablet or injection? Attach your all reports to give more comment. Usually, liver disease, kidney disease, B12 intake, myeloproliferative n...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now