Q. Why is there numbness with tingling sensation in my right hand ring finger?

Dr. Mayank Agarwal

Before a month, I carried heavy grocery bags and after that my right-hand ring finger got numb with a tingling sensation. It is persistent for the past one month.

#

Carrying heavy grocery bags just once will not cause any numbness in ring finger with a tingling sensation. Do you work for long hours on a computer using the keyboard? Your symptoms indicate nerve entrapment like carpal tunnel syndrome. Even, if your nerve is injured while lifting heavy grocery bags, then by one month, it should have healed as nerve regeneration, it reaches one inch per month. You can take nutritional supplements like Alpha lipoic acid and Vitamin B12.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|