Q. Please look into my MRI and give your opinion.

Dr. K. Murali
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 29, 2020

My issue is that around six months before I started getting tinnitus in both my ears. A month later, I had an MRI and a couple of neurologists said that the MRI is fine. I was referred to an ENT doctor. One ENT doctor said that all is fine after several audiography tests. Now, three weeks before, I started getting giddiness and the tinnitus continues the whole day in both ears. I went to another ENT specialist. He is of the opinion that my MRI might be read by a well known neuro radiologist. I am sending my MRI image herewith for your perusal. I am a 65 year old male. I am neither diabetic nor hypertensive. I am a vegetarian with no smoking and drinking habit. Please look into my MRI and give your opinion.

#

Your MRI looks grossly normal.

In an unexplained tinnitus like this, you need further investigations to rule out two rare conditions, jugular bulb abnormalities and sigmoid sinus diverticulum (sinus wall abnormality). You will require high resolution CT of the temporal bone to look for any bony abnormalities.

Another possibility is dural arteriovenousfistula dAVF; however, MRI does not show any evidence for this. You will need cerebral DSA (digital subtraction angiography) for excluding this condition because of tinnitus. The same test will also identify jugular vein and sigmoid sinus problems.

For further information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

|