Q. What can be done for swollen gums where wisdom tooth is erupting?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Jun 24, 2019

I think my right side bottom wisdom tooth is coming as there is a ball on the back side of my gum that is really swollen. It almost feels like a pimple and the area around it has white lines on the inner cheek wall. What should I do?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

If there is not much pain, it is better to let it grow fully. It may take a month or two to fully come out. If it does not, and the area gets painful then better to get an X-ray done for its exact position. Use warm salt water gargle twice a day for a week or two. Use a chewing gum on that side, it helps in faster growth of the tooth into occlusion.

How can I manage wisdom tooth eruption pain?

Query: Hello doctor, For the last two weeks, my two wisdom teeth on the right side of my face have been coming in. The pain has been incredibly severe and is almost unbearable at this point. I have been experiencing headaches and tenderness pain in my neck, jaw, and gums. I have trouble moving my jaw and ...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to get wisdom teeth removed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have wisdom tooth. Is it necessary to remove it?  Read Full »

Two of my wisdom teeth are impacted. Is it better to remove?

Query: Hi doctor, I visited a dentist and he completed deep cleaning of all four quadrants. I got composite fillings on one side of the mouth for five cavities (right side). However, I still have four cavities on the left side. I have two options. Wait for three more months and take care of it, as my in...  Read Full »