Q. Is it safe to get a filling fixed while running a low-grade fever from a UTI?

Dr. Divya Banu M
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jun 23, 2019

Can I get a filling fixed while running a low-grade fever from a UTI?

#

Theoretically, yes. But, practically I would not suggest you get it done as you will not be comfortable (mainly because of the water spray from the handpiece or drilling machine) and that will make it difficult for the dentist too. If it is an emergency or you do not have accompanying stuffed nose or difficulty in breathing through the nose, then you can go for filling. Depends on your comfort level and severity of your condition. I hope this has helped.

Are my lips raw and swollen due to allergy from tooth fillings?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having lots of problems in my mouth and the VA clinic is struggling to help me. I am a 36 year old male and have no significant health issues besides this. I am really struggling because my lips are constantly raw, peeling, and swollen. They also burn and hurt almost always. I have...  Read Full »

The tooth is sharp and cracked. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,The tooth is sharp and cracked. It is leaving a space in the mouth. What is the treatment?  Read Full »

Other than UTI, what can cause urethral discomfort?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I was previously diagnosed with UTI for three to four times in the last two years. Now, I have a frequently occurring problem of itching and burning in my urethra about three to four times in a month. It stays for around 4 to 5 hours and slowly goes off after ...  Read Full »