Q. Is it safe to get a filling fixed while running a low-grade fever from a UTI?

Answered by Dr. Divya Banu M and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Tooth Filling or Uti? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Dr. Divya Banu M
BDS
Dentistry

Theoretically, yes. But, practically I would not suggest you get it done as you will not be comfortable (mainly because of the water spray from the handpiece or drilling machine) and that will make it difficult for the dentist too. If it is an emergency or you do not have accompanying stuffed nose or difficulty in breathing through the nose, then you can go for filling. Depends on your comfort level and severity of your condition. I hope this has helped.

Following UTI, I am getting vaginal dryness and pain. How to treat this?
Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago, I was suffering from UTI and followed by vaginal dryness. Right now, I feel occasional sharp pain in my vagina, which subsides after a while. Also, I am getting pain during intercourse. I wanted to know the ways to treat this vaginal dryness. I had urine and culture t...  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain can be due to cystitis or recurrence of UTI (urinary tract infection). UTI will not cause vaginal dryness. It indicates inadequate exposure to estrogen (hormone), which can be due to many causes. Regarding dryness and pain during intercourse, it can be reduce...  Read Full »

Are my lips raw and swollen due to allergy from tooth fillings?
Query: Hello doctor,I am having lots of problems in my mouth and the VA clinic is struggling to help me. I am a 36 year old male and have no significant health issues besides this. I am really struggling because my lips are constantly raw, peeling, and swollen. They also burn and hurt almost always. I have...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If I just look at your lips, it looks like severe cheilitis. Considering the history, I would like to rule out oral lichen planus. Amalgam is known to cause lichen planus. Check in your mo...  Read Full »

Other than UTI, what can cause urethral discomfort?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I was previously diagnosed with UTI for three to four times in the last two years. Now, I have a frequently occurring problem of itching and burning in my urethra about three to four times in a month. It stays for around 4 to 5 hours and slowly goes off after ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, drinking 8 liters of water a day will harm your kidneys. Bring it down to not more than 3 liters per day. All burning sensation in urethra is not due to UTI (urinary tract infection). So, the next time when you develop urethral discomfort, please do a urine ...  Read Full »

Ankylosing Spondylitis
Is having severe leg pain during pregnancy normal?
The pulse rate started to fall after giving Epinephrine in a 4-year-old child. Kindly give your opinion.

Also Read Answers From