Q. I have both cold sensitivity and hot sensitivity at the extraction site. Why?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 26, 2021 and last reviewed on: Feb 24, 2021

Before three weeks back, I have removed one of my teeth as it was destroyed due to cavity and I had some infection over it. After that, I started to have a cold sensitivity on that spot. I started to have a lot of pain over it. After that cold sensitivity has turned to heat sensitivity today. I got sensitive to heat today. Even my own body heat is high and I do not know what to do. Now, I am constantly rinsing my mouth with cold water to avoid getting extreme pain from heat sensitivity. I do not have an infection. Please help me.

#

Sensitivity to cold or hot substances occurs when you have a deep cavity or severe gum recession with exposed roots on any of the teeth. You need to consult your dentist again and confirm that you do not have a cavity on the adjacent tooth where you have a sensitivity or some exposed roots due to trauma. You need to do root canal treatment after pointing the tooth causing the issue.

|