Q. Due to negligence, I did not get RCT done and have pain now. Has the infection spread?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I had my tooth checked up last year, and the doctor told me to go for an OPG as he was planning for a root canal therapy. But due to severe negligence and work, I could not do that. It is almost a year now, and tonight I am having a painful time. Please tell me whether there is a chance of spread of infection. Please help. My infected tooth is the right first molar of the lower jaw.

#

As per your history and associated symptoms, it looks like you have now acute pulpitis leading to acute apical periodontitis. That means because of open pulp chamber, it is now infected.

You need to take antibiotics and analgesics for this one. In case you do not have any medical, allergic or any other systemic condition, I suggest:

1. Tablet Augmentin 625 twice daily for five days.
  2. Tablet Aceclofenac twice a day for three days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Also, visit a dentist again and get it checked if there are any chances of RCT to save this tooth as soon as possible.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|