Q. What can be done for severe pain in a permanently filled tooth?

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

I have a problem with the tooth that was decayed. A few days back it was cleaned and had permanent fillings on the first upper molar. However, on the same night, felt a slight pain when I touched the tooth or ate, which became more prominent the next day, and woke up with severe pain on third day morning. This is not normal at all. My cheek and ear was hurting as well and the lower teeth are aching. There is a constant sharp pain. Shoots for a little with painkillers but comes back quick.

#

You need a professional assistance as soon as possible. There may be two possibilities. The first one is carries present in deep part of tooth and create problem, in this condition you need root canal treatment.

The second one may be the height of filled material is excess and it needs some trimming to maintain balanced height of the tooth. So, I suggest you to please see your dentist for a clinical examination.

|