Q. Why does my body vibrate?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
Published on Apr 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

My left hand and occasionally part of my left side of the body tends to vibrate. It started three months back. I do not have any pain or other problems. I can eat, walk, drive and do my job at ease. I am a 44 year old male. I do not have the habit of smoking or drinking alcohol. Six months back I got my blood and urine test. Results of the same have been attached for your reference. Since two years, I have high blood pressure and I am taking Amlodac 5 one tablet a day. Do I have any problem with liver or kidney? Do I need any more tests? Please guide.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Your reports are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Vibrations in the hand and body which you have mentioned can be tremors involving half of the body.
  • This kind of vibrations can be due to some disease of brain, but as you have mentioned that you can do your daily activities without any difficulty then it could be psychological also. Proper diagnosis can be made after observation only.
  • Sometimes anxiety and stress can also cause such symptoms.
  • If they are intermittent, then you should do a video recording of the vibration to show the doctor. It will help in making a correct diagnosis.
  • As I previously mentioned that it might be tremors you can do one MRI of brain to make sure that nothing is wrong.
  • In my opinion, you should consult a neurologist as you need a thorough neurological examination.

Revert back after the investigations to a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

There is a white mass above my teeth in MRI. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a brain MRI nine months ago. The report came back completely normal. I decided to look at the images last night and I noticed this bright white mass above my teeth. Either the mass is near my teeth or in my sinuses. I am worried that I have a tumor growing and it was looked over...  Read Full »

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full »