iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersUrologyutiMy husband and I have an uncomfortable feeling in our private parts. What to do?

After getting UTI, me and my husband have an uncomfortable feeling in the private parts. Why?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. J. N. Naidu

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At March 2, 2021
Reviewed AtAugust 7, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

Myself and my husband got a UTI last year as we fail to maintain hygiene after having unprotected sex. We will fall asleep and I will not clean myself fully. I will end up seeing it later in my underwear. We took an antifungal cream. Within few months, the skin on the outside of the private parts became sensitive and we felt something uncomfortable over there. My husband seems to have some precum sperms and he feels uncomfortable due to it. As he works in snow removal and so he feels comfortable due to it. He feels fine when he cleans it immediately. Can we continue to use antifungal creams or something else? My best friend can have herpes or HIV and she did not know it until yesterday. But I shared a drink with her. After knowing it, I looked at her and I did not see anything abnormal in the mouth. Is there a chance for me to get infected?

Answered by Dr. J. N. Naidu


Welcome to icliniq.com.

UTI (urinary tract infection) is a bacterial infection and antibiotics are taken to treat it. Antifungal creams help in treating fungal infections. Your best friend can have herpes or HIV and you are not sure about it. You shared a drink with her. Usually, HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is not transmitted by sharing food, kissing, hugging, and sweats. Herpes is a viral infection and many people around you can have infections but they may not be aware of it. Their symptoms seem to be mild and nonspecific. Genital herpes is transmitted by doing sex. Oral herpes is transmitted by HSV1 (herpes simplex virus 1). Genital herpes is caused by HSV2 (herpes simplex virus 2) of different strains. I need more details regarding your fungal infections. Please mention whether you have any vaginal itching, swelling, cottage cheese-like discharge, raw vagina, and vulva. Please give more details regarding the problem and it helps me to give you a proper diagnosis and appropriate treatment can be given.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. J. N. Naidu
Dr. J. N. Naidu

General Practitioner

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy