Q. I have soreness in vaginal lips with fever for the two days. Please suggest solution.

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

I have soreness in vaginal lips for the past four days and having a fever of 102 F for the past two days.

I had a preauricular sinus infection drainage procedure done. I took 45 days of antibiotics Taxim-O for 20 days, Augmentin 625 for 7 days, Cetil 500 for 10 days, and Lizobact 600 for 14 days. I stopped taking them on this Sunday after ear properly healed.

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome to iIcliniq.com.

I have gone through the attachment picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Based on that it appears like a genital yeast infection or other possibilities can be a developing Bartholin's cyst/abscess (which can be confirmed only by examination, when your gynecologist can feel any cyst or collection of pus there). A check up with gynecologist in person would help you rule this out.

But the yeast infection never causes high-grade fever of 102 and less commonly with Bartholin's cyst too unless infected. I would like to know if you are having any increased frequency of urination,r burning while passing urine, if so that could be a cause for your high-grade fever.

Also, as you have mentioned about the preauricular sinus infection being treated for a long time, it would be advisable to check with your doctor regarding any recurrence of the infection at the same site.

If none of these are a possibility, then it would be advisable to get fever workup investigations to be done to find the cause for your fever. Check with your physician for any other signs which can be the cause for your fever, like cough, cold, gastric upset, vomiting, etc.

? Fever under evaluation.

Urine routine and microscopy. Urine culture and sensitivity. Complete hemogram. LFT (liver function test). RFT (renal function test). Serum electrolytes. Peripheral smear for malarial parasites. Dengue NS1, IgG and IgM serology. Widal test.

Tablet Dolo (Paracetamol) 650 mg SOS for fever. Candid V6 cream local application at the sore area.

Follow up with the blood test. Review with the doctor for ear infection issue check up.

| 

Please suggest some antibiotics to help pus drainage in Bartholin's cyst.

Query: Hello doctor, I have an abscessed Bartholin's gland cyst. This is like my 10th go around with this thing. I had marsupialization a few years ago. It did not work the way I was told it would but it did make it so afterward every one. I would have got pus drain and go away easier but this one is not ...  Read Full »

How to cure recurrent vaginal yeast infections?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having recurrent vaginal yeast infections for the last six months. I have taken medications earlier. The gynecologist prescribed Azithral 500 mg in the beginning. After that, the doctor gave me tablet Orni-O. The first time it got cured. When it came back again, she presc...  Read Full »

What is the cause for yeast infection, gluten and lactose intolerance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30- years-old female. I have yeast infection and intolerance to gluten, lactose nuts, and other few things. I can not eat anything as everything hurts me. If I consume tea, some times I will have diarrhea, the other time I will become tired and have a high heart rate.  Read Full »