Q. I have soreness in vaginal lips with fever for the two days. Please suggest solution.

Answered by
Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 06, 2020

Hello doctor,

I have soreness in vaginal lips for the past four days and having a fever of 102 F for the past two days.

I had a preauricular sinus infection drainage procedure done. I took 45 days of antibiotics Taxim-O for 20 days, Augmentin 625 for 7 days, Cetil 500 for 10 days, and Lizobact 600 for 14 days. I stopped taking them on this Sunday after ear properly healed.



Welcome to

I have gone through the attachment picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Based on that it appears like a genital yeast infection or other possibilities can be a developing Bartholin's cyst/abscess (which can be confirmed only by examination, when your gynecologist can feel any cyst or collection of pus there). A check up with gynecologist in person would help you rule this out.

But the yeast infection never causes high-grade fever of 102 and less commonly with Bartholin's cyst too unless infected. I would like to know if you are having any increased frequency of urination,r burning while passing urine, if so that could be a cause for your high-grade fever.

Also, as you have mentioned about the preauricular sinus infection being treated for a long time, it would be advisable to check with your doctor regarding any recurrence of the infection at the same site.

If none of these are a possibility, then it would be advisable to get fever workup investigations to be done to find the cause for your fever. Check with your physician for any other signs which can be the cause for your fever, like cough, cold, gastric upset, vomiting, etc.

The Probable causes:

? Fever under evaluation.

Investigations to be done:

Urine routine and microscopy. Urine culture and sensitivity. Complete hemogram. LFT (liver function test). RFT (renal function test). Serum electrolytes. Peripheral smear for malarial parasites. Dengue NS1, IgG and IgM serology. Widal test.

Treatment plan:

Tablet Dolo (Paracetamol) 650 mg SOS for fever. Candid V6 cream local application at the sore area.

Regarding follow up:

Follow up with the blood test. Review with the doctor for ear infection issue check up.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I am suffering from pain during sex and cannot continue due to it. Kindly help.

.. during such a pleasurable thing like sex is a spoiler. There are a few common causes of severe pain during sex. 1. Any unhealed injury or abrasion in the vagina. 2. Any infection in the genital tract. 3. Doing sex while the vagina is still dry....   Read full

I am having brown discharge after sex. Why?

.. called post-coital bleeding especially occurring in form of darkish brown mucoid secretion mixed discharge or often in form of spotting and usually accompanied with pain. The most common cause of such complaints is usually cervical erosions or cer...   Read full

How to treat the painless swelling in vagina?

.. attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and your history, this seems to be a Bartholin's cyst. It is swelling of the Bartholin gland situated in the labia majora. It is a benign condition. Though at present it is not painf...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.