Q. What does passage of a clot followed by continuous vaginal bleeding indicate?

Answered by Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Vaginal Bleeding or Pregnancy Test? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My period came on the first of last month. 22 days later, my breasts were hurting. I was cramping but there was no period. Five days later, I went to the restroom and I wiped and there was light pink blood. The next day still no period or spotting. Two days later, I woke up and blood was everywhere but I did not bleed. Next day, there was nothing. Then, I used the restroom and a big blood clot came out of me and I have been bleeding all night. What could it be? My pregnancy test came back negative.