Q. What are the risks of leaving yeast infection untreated for five years?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I believe that I have left my yeast infection untreated for five years. What steps should I take to clear it up, and what are the risks of leaving it untreated for so long? Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

The vagina has its normal flora that maintains the pH of the vagina. In case of infection, the normal flora ratio gets disturbed, pH also changes, and pathologic flora increases. Over treatment of any vaginal infection affects normal flora and makes the vagina more prone to infection. I suggest you have a high vaginal swab to check whether you have an infection or not. The probable cause is candidiasis so follow strict hygiene routines. Wear soft, comfortable undergarments. Use condoms for sex to avoid sexually transmitted infections. Have a sitz bath recurrently in a day to reduce irritation. Avoid cosmetics and have water to clean the area and a razor to clean hairs. Please collect swabs and follow up here. After collecting the swab, I suggest you have tablet Doxycycline 100 mg 12 hours once and tablet Metronidazole 400 mg eight hours once for 10-14 days. Have Canesten vaginal pessary one time for two alternate nights to clear the infection. I suggest you involve in recreational activities and quit recreational drugs. A balanced diet, weight, and appropriate BMI are essential.

candidiasis

hvs

hvs.

oral antibiotics.

vaginal pessary

strict hygiene.

use condoms .

site baths .

complete treatment of any health issue u have .

recreational activities and quit recreational drugs .

with hvs

|