Q. I have white vaginal discharge with burning sensation during urination. Please help.

I am 20 years old and just had unprotected sexual intercourse with someone. This will be the second man I have had intercourse with. The intercourse began about a week ago and I am having burning urination and what seems to be white specs in my vaginal area. I am scared that I might have some kind of sexually transmitted infection. What should I do if I am not covered right now with insurance and cannot afford to see a doctor?

Do you have a question on Vaginal Discharge or Std?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS., MS (OBS/GYNAE)., FMAS., DMAS., FELLOWSHIP IS ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNIQUES
Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology

I have seen the picture attached and it indicates that you could have contracted vaginal candidiasis infection from your partner which is a fungal infection (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Ideally, this shall require a course anti-fungal vaginal pessary for six days to be placed intra-vaginally and also oral antibiotics course considering burning micturition which indicates a secondary urinary tract infection. The itching per vaginum and thick curdy vaginal discharge almost confirm the diagnosis, though the gold standard remains growth of fungus on sabourard's medium post-high vaginal swab culture evaluation.

If you cannot afford to see a doctor or buy medicines, then the best thing which can be done in the meantime is at least use of alkaline vaginal wash to clean the intra-vaginal area at least thrice a day (V-Wash) to reduce fungal infection and also to increase citrus fruit intake and water to alkalinise the urine and allow natural cleansing of infection, as much as possible. If the symptoms are not relieved in the next 48 hours, then you may require treatment with antibiotics and antifungals.

Can unprotected sex on third day of period cause pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I and my fiancee had unprotected sex on the third day of her period. I did not ejaculate inside her. And she also has the history of an irregular period but from the past three months, she is getting her regular period. I just want to know what are the chances of pregnancy.  Read Full >>
Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. As you had unprotected sex, the chances of pregnancy are there in your case but as it is done on the third day of menses that is why there is no chance of pregnancy in your case. These symptoms could be d...  Read Full

Will I get STD just by a touch?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a sexual experience with a massage worker. I am not sure exactly, but she seemed to kiss or maybe spit on to the top of my penis during a hand job. Later she rubbed her vagina across my penis. I moved away but it is completely possible that the end of my penis touched her vaginal l...  Read Full >>
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The exposure you described was practically not sufficient to transmit HIV virus. Even after having a full-blown penovaginal sex with HIV positive women, the chance of acquiring HIV is less than 0.05 percentage and by this you can calculate your risk. Cannot say ...  Read Full

What does waterlike vaginal discharge indicate?
Query: Hi doctor, My aunt is 31 years old and had her uterus removed 11 years ago. From then she never had the periods nor any discharge. It was all alright until a month ago. She had suddenly started experiencing waterlike vaginal discharge which is little smelly, and it hurts in stomach sometimes. When s...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there were few more facts about your aunt regarding the indication for uterus removal, any follow-ups, diabetic status, her sexual life, etc., would have been helpful. At the age of 31 years, the most probable cause is an infection. I put forth the possibilities a...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now