Q. I have white vaginal discharge with burning sensation during urination. Please help.

Published on Sep 05, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 09, 2019

I am 20 years old and just had unprotected sexual intercourse with someone. This will be the second man I have had intercourse with. The intercourse began about a week ago and I am having burning urination and what seems to be white specs in my vaginal area. I am scared that I might have some kind of sexually transmitted infection. What should I do if I am not covered right now with insurance and cannot afford to see a doctor?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have seen the picture attached and it indicates that you could have contracted vaginal candidiasis infection from your partner which is a fungal infection (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Ideally, this shall require a course anti-fungal vaginal pessary for six days to be placed intra-vaginally and also oral antibiotics course considering burning micturition which indicates a secondary urinary tract infection. The itching per vaginum and thick curdy vaginal discharge almost confirm the diagnosis, though the gold standard remains growth of fungus on sabourard's medium post-high vaginal swab culture evaluation.

If you cannot afford to see a doctor or buy medicines, then the best thing which can be done in the meantime is at least use of alkaline vaginal wash to clean the intra-vaginal area at least thrice a day (V-Wash) to reduce fungal infection and also to increase citrus fruit intake and water to alkalinise the urine and allow natural cleansing of infection, as much as possible. If the symptoms are not relieved in the next 48 hours, then you may require treatment with antibiotics and antifungals.

What does waterlike vaginal discharge indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, My aunt is 31 years old and had her uterus removed 11 years ago. From then she never had the periods nor any discharge. It was all alright until a month ago. She had suddenly started experiencing waterlike vaginal discharge which is little smelly, and it hurts in stomach sometimes. When s...  Read Full »

What is the problem for having vaginal discharge, itching and irritation while peeing?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bleeding after sex. I have pain while having sex. I have vaginal discharge and irritation while peeing and itching. Is this an infection or something else? I took an Unwanted 72 before three days.  Read Full »

Herpes - a Common STD

Article Overview: In this article, I have discussed the clinical presentation and treatment of herpes. Read Article

Herpes disease is caused by herpes simplex virus. The herpes simplex virus (HSV) is a double stranded DNA virus, infects humans alone and is almost ubiquitous. There are two closely related species of HSV, type 1 (HSV-1) and type 2 (HSV-2). They cause primary as well as recurrent mucocutaneous infec...  Read Article