Q. What should I do for foul smelling urine?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 16, 2020

I observed the presence of vaginal discharge almost a month ago and I went for a test. It showed the presence of WBCs, but no bacteria or yeast or parasite. I completed the course of antibiotics. But, I feel the infection has not cured. I can still feel the vaginal discharge, which is very irritating and my urine has a foul smell. I am really worried. What should I do? What might be the reason behind it?

#

• Also, wear pure cotton panties, which should be preferably loose and not bikinis. Also, Change your inner wear twice a day.
  • Wear loose under garments say pants and trousers to a greater extent of cotton stuff.
  • Wash the area every time you go for peeing with normal water.
  • Use tablet Doxy (Doxycycline) 100 mg twice a day for five days and cream candid B (Clotrimazole and Betamethasone) for local application. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and get the medicine with consent.
  • Drink plenty of water and oral fluids.
  • Avoid using public toilets and maintain personal hygiene.

Revert back after a week to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|