Q. What should I do for foul smelling urine?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 16, 2020

I observed the presence of vaginal discharge almost a month ago and I went for a test. It showed the presence of WBCs, but no bacteria or yeast or parasite. I completed the course of antibiotics. But, I feel the infection has not cured. I can still feel the vaginal discharge, which is very irritating and my urine has a foul smell. I am really worried. What should I do? What might be the reason behind it?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Also, wear pure cotton panties, which should be preferably loose and not bikinis. Also, Change your inner wear twice a day.
  • Wear loose under garments say pants and trousers to a greater extent of cotton stuff.
  • Wash the area every time you go for peeing with normal water.
  • Use tablet Doxy (Doxycycline) 100 mg twice a day for five days and cream candid B (Clotrimazole and Betamethasone) for local application. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and get the medicine with consent.
  • Drink plenty of water and oral fluids.
  • Avoid using public toilets and maintain personal hygiene.

Revert back after a week to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Which is the best mode of transport for 2 weeks old baby?

Query: Hi doctor,My baby is 2 weeks old. I want to know whether is it safe for my baby to travel after three weeks as I wish to drop mother and baby in my wife's place. Which is the best mode for the trip?  Read Full »

How to get my itching treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from itching in different parts of the body for the last three years. It increases during winter season, though it stays in summer season also. I had a past history of head dandruff, face itch and rashes, which was cured and relieved. At present, I am facing problem of i...  Read Full »

My 7 year old daughter has repeated urine infections. How to clear it out?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter aged 7 years has a urine infection. We have done a urine culture as well as regular analysis and found that there is an infection. She has this problem from a long time. She has a bad habit of holding her urine for a long time until she can hold it no more.  Read Full »