iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologyvaginal disordersIs a boil on my vagina due to an STD (sexually transmitted disease)?

What are the ways to treat vaginal boils?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Reetika

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At June 29, 2022
Reviewed AtJanuary 18, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I do not have any problems while walking. What are the symptoms of STD? Do I have an STD? I am worried.

Kindly advise.

Answered by Dr. Reetika


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern. I have gone through the details and seen the image you shared (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). You have a vaginal boil, not an STD (sexually transmitted disease). Do you have itching, a foul odor, or a discharge from the vagina?

I suggest the below steps:

  • Keep the area dry.
  • Maintain proper hygiene.
  • Use a feminine wash to clean the area.
  • Wear loose cotton undergarments.
  • Avoid intense workouts and exercise.

The boil will subside within three to four days. However, do let me know in case of discharge.

I hope this helps.

Feel free to ask any questions or share additional information.

Thank you.

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

Thank you for the response. There is no itching, discharge, or odor. However, I walk 10000 steps a day.

Kindly suggest.

Answered by Dr. Reetika


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I suggest you discontinue walking for a few days till you are fine.

I hope this helps.

God bless.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Reetika
Dr. Reetika

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy