Q. I am having spotting problem for more than a year. Please help me out.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 03, 2021

I am having occasional bleeding in the form of spotting. I had a three month course of Niftas for UTI. I am still using Amfy V vaginal cream and taking Satrogyl 300. This problem persists more than a year. Please help me out. I am worried. The bleeding drop is coming with water from the vagina.

#

• Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally. Also, get a pelvic scan and vaginal swab tests done. Avoid having sex till then.
  • Wear cotton panties and loose lowers. Maintain personal hygiene and take plenty of fluids.
  • Wash your private parts with normal tap water after you use the washroom.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

My doctor checked me internally and said that everything is fine. I had a pap smear done, which was just inflammatory. I have not had sex for five months. Whenever I eat less I face this problem. I do not know what is going on with me. I am attaching my reports for STDs and Pap smear. I took a six week course of Zovirax as I had IgG HSV1 positive.

#

I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Since your Pap smear report is normal, there is nothing to worry about. But, the bleeding could be because of infection or because of hormonal changes.
  • Please avoid having intercourse, as it will aggravate the condition. Also, take care of your personal hygiene.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What is hysteroscopy?

#

• Hysteroscopy is a procedure where the cervix and endometrium of the uterus can be visualized.
  • Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further and explain you in detail. Take care.

Is it cystoscopy?

#

• No, it is hysteroscopy and it is entirely different from cystoscopy. Cystoscopy is used to visualize the urinary bladder through urethra.

|