Q. I have vaginal itching and white deposits on skin. What can it be?

Dr. Megha Tuli
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 35 year old. I have diabetes. I had dengue infection few months back and since that day I have vaginal itching. It is usually mild but gets severe sometime. I am not sure whether it is because my blood sugar, which is not in control and nothing to do with dengue. I think it as yeast infection. It is itching too much around vagina including urinal area. There is a white deposit on my skin. For itching, I scratch it and it pains. Can you please help me? Thank you.

#

It seems you do have yeast infection.

It looks like your blood sugar is not under control because of which you are having this problem. Dengue is unrelated to this.

Try putting Canestan (Clotrimazole) ointment on the area after properly cleaning the area, four to five times a day.

Keep the area dry and clean. Also insert three Candid-CL tablets (combination of Clotrimazole and Clindamycin) daily at night into the vagina. This should help you out.

If not, then we need to add oral antifungal medicines. Also, if this does not control the vaginal itching, take Allegra (Fexofenadine) tablets at night.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I followed your medicines and there was no itching for three days and there was a relief. But, whenever my sugar levels go high it is itching again. Please let me know what can I do now. Thank you.

#

High sugar levels promote infections. So, keeping your sugar level in check should solve the problem.

Other thing you can do is to prevent reinfection from your clothes. For that I suggest you only wear cotton underwear as synthetic ones promote infection.

Make sure you wash your underwear especially the ones which are infected with Dettol solution and dry them properly in sunlight before use as dampness also can promote infection.

Also use feminine hygiene products such as V wash (vaginal wash) daily while bathing. Also take tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a week for three weeks. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water.

If you still have itching or discharge again then we can suggest you local vaginal treatment.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you. I will follow your instructions.

#

• If you have a doubt or still you have any problem then let me know. Please control your sugar levels as that will really help you in the long run. All the best. Hope you get well soon.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Sure doctor. Thank you.

#

Glad to be of help.

|