Q. Why am I getting dry patches on my labia majora?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I have been getting dry patches on my labia majora. One of the spots is hard, and if I squeeze it, they itch. Hard ones hurt on touching and have a burning sensation.

#

I suggest you have a urine analysis, HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), and a high vaginal swab to check the source of infection. If you have been suffering from any medical issue, it is better to have complete treatment for any health issue, like diabetes. Diabetes increases the chances and risks of infection. I also suggest -

1. You have a balanced diet, maintain weight and monitor your body mass index (BMI).
  2. Every day you should go for a walk, do yoga, and exercise.
  3. Maintain strict hygiene.
  4. Use condoms to avoid the transmission of sexually transmitted infections.
  5. Have soft and comfortable undergarments.
  6. Warm baths reduce irritative symptoms.
  7. I also suggest you take -

1. Tablet Doxyçycline 100 mg twice a day.

2. Tablet Metronidazole 400 mg thrice a day for fourteen days.

Consult with your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take the medicines with their consent.

Please follow up with the reports.

Best of luck.

|