Q. Why is my vaginal opening white with itching?

Published on Mar 15, 2019

My vaginal opening is white in color and it itches a lot around that area. It has been like this only for the past 4 to 5 days.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The presence of itching over the vaginal opening with white discoloration is a possible indication of vulval candidiasis or fungal infection which can be treated with local and oral antifungals, but before starting any medicines, please get it confirmed by a local examination by your gynecologist or you may send a picture of the lesion for diagnosis and further advise.

What do you suggest for vaginal itching in a 3 year old?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter will be 3 by next month. There is itching in her vagina and she scratches it once or twice in a week. Her hygiene is good so far and we are not sure why this is happening. We have not done any deworming so far, and therefore, we are trying for that now. The moment we think ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This age group children are prone to urinary infections. Though obvious symptoms of urine infection may not be apparent, I suggest you to get urine routine or urine culture tests done to rule out urinary infection. Also, please visit your pediatrician once with the ur...  Read Full

I have pain and a white tissue layer forming on my penis. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 40 year old male, and I have diabetes. From a week, I have pain in the penis, and a white tissue like layer is formed. What to do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have candidiasis. But to be sure, please send photos and details like your latest sugar levels. We can start treatment after that. Take care. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologi...  Read Full

After performing receptive fellatio on a guy I have white tongue. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I performed receptive fellatio on a guy 55 days back. I took RNA PCR TEST after 11 days and then again at 35 days and both were negative. I also took a fourth generation combo test (antibody and p24) on 38th day and it was negative as well. The problem is, for the last 8-10 days I have...  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, candidiasis is there. But, it is usually the late manifestation of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Since, all your tests are negative, consider yourself as negative unless proved otherwise. All other things can also happen without HIV. Go for HIV test one more t...  Read Full