Q. How to wean Veniz XR safely?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 11, 2019

I am a 23 year old male. Currently, I am taking 225 mg Veniz XR for depression. I am taking it for the past 6 years. My problem is ED. For the past one year, I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. Please suggest me some medicine. I am unmarried. Can I use Sildenafil for one night stand? I also have one side affect from Veniz XR. I get excess sweating after sleep at day time. Is this due to medication? How can I overcome this problem? Also please suggest me how to wean off Veniz XR safely without withdrawal symptoms.

#

• Yes, drugs like Sildenafil or Tadalafil can be used on SOS basis (as and when required). These drugs if used about half to one hour before intercourse can help to improve the erection and will make hard erection.
  • Veniz XR (Venlafaxine) can increase adrenergic output and can result in increased sweat in some individuals.
  • The dose 225 is high and should be reduced gradually. Even at this high dose sexual side effects are also seen commonly.
  • The problem of erectile dysfunction, reduced libido, etc., can be observed with high doses of Venlafaxine.
  • Best way to wean off the drug is by reducing the dose gradually over 6 to 10 weeks.
  • Reduce the dose by 20% to 25% (20 to 25 mg) every two weeks and then stop completely at about 6-10 weeks. The dose reduction in this manner would not cause much side effects and withdrawal symptoms.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|