Q. Is viral hepatitis a sexually transmitted disease?

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

My 26 year old cousin is suffering from viral hepatitis since the last two years. If he marries, will he transfer the disease to his wife even if she is already vaccinated against hepatitis?

#

• What I understand is that your cousin is suffering from chronic hepatitis. It is commonly chronic hepatitis B or chronic hepatitis C.
  • If his wife is vaccinated and her anti-HBs levels are sufficient, she will not contract an infection from him.
  • But there is some risk for the future babies, which is also easily treatable at the time of her pregnancy.
  • So anti-HBs test is the investigation she needs to undergo.

I hope that helps.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|