Q. How much vitamin D should I take daily?

Hi doctor,

How much vitamin D should I take on a daily basis? I am 50 years old. What is the most you can take? What are the normal levels of vitamin D? Thanks.

#

• It depends whether you are deficient or not. You should check your vitamin D levels first. The normal level will be more than 30 ng/mL.
  • If you are deficient, then you need tablet Uprise D3 60k (Cholecalciferol), once a week for eight weeks. Then once a month for six months. The preventive dose is 2000 IU per day.
  • Most of the calcium supplements like Shelcal HD (Calcium carbonate and Vitamin D3), also contains some vitamin D.

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|