Q. Can you explain what do my reports actually mean?

Dr. Ankush Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 31, 2020

I am a 25 years old female. I am suffering from breathing problem, cough and dizziness since several months. I get tired very easily. I went to a doctor and she suggested for some tests like CBC, TSH, T3, T4, RBS, Vitamin D and B12 level, BUN, creatinine, SGOT, SGPT, etc. I got my test results and found that some values are varying from the normal ranges. I am not able to meet the doctor as I am out of station and will take some time to get back. I am really concerned about the test results. I am attaching herewith the test result reports. Can you please suggest me what my reports actually mean?

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Critical Care Physician Diabetology
#

• Looking at your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have vitamin deficiency. Your blood sugar is normal, kidney and liver functions are normal.
  • TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is increased a little, which denotes hypothyroidism for which I would suggest you to repeat that particular test again when you go back.
  • I am prescribing you vitamin supplements and a cough syrup for now.
  1. Tablet Purecal (calcium) once daily for a month.
  2. Syrup Balofer (Iron) twice daily for a month.
  3. Grilinctus cough syrup (Dextromethorphan hydrobromide) one tablespoon twice daily for one week.
  • Vitamin deficiency is responsible for your symptoms and for which I have prescribed supplementation. Thyroid levels are on the borderline for which I would advise you to repeat it and come back to me.
  • Take care of your diet. Eat more green leafy vegetables, fruits and non-vegetarian once in a week if you eat.
  • Have early morning sun exposure for few minutes every day. Report to me after one week and get well soon.

Revert back after a week to a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Why am I having constipation with hard stools and frequent urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 34 years old, female. I am suffering from asthma, rhinitis allergy, IBS, ulcerative colitis and osteoporosis, and anemia. My last blood report was of 7.9 hemoglobin. I feel constantly tired and exhausted plus new problem has started that each and every bone pains all the time mos...  Read Full »

I am having intermittent palpitations. Is it due to hypothyroidism?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. Experiencing intermittent palpitations from last three months. ECG, echo, TMT is normal. The lipid profile shows increased triglycerides in serum 189 mg/dl. Recently, I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism for which I am taking Levothyroxine from last one m...  Read Full »

Why does my wife have severe back pain after normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife delivered a baby boy last month, which was a normal delivery. Whenever she moves, the muscles on the upper right ribs below the breast gets pulled. Also, she has a severe lower back ache, which is unbearable. Can you please suggest some medicines for it? For now, we are puttin...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now