Q. Can you explain what do my reports actually mean?

Dr. Gupta Ankush Dhaniram
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 31, 2020

I am a 25 years old female. I am suffering from breathing problem, cough and dizziness since several months. I get tired very easily. I went to a doctor and she suggested for some tests like CBC, TSH, T3, T4, RBS, Vitamin D and B12 level, BUN, creatinine, SGOT, SGPT, etc. I got my test results and found that some values are varying from the normal ranges. I am not able to meet the doctor as I am out of station and will take some time to get back. I am really concerned about the test results. I am attaching herewith the test result reports. Can you please suggest me what my reports actually mean?

#

• Looking at your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have vitamin deficiency. Your blood sugar is normal, kidney and liver functions are normal.
  • TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is increased a little, which denotes hypothyroidism for which I would suggest you to repeat that particular test again when you go back.
  • I am prescribing you vitamin supplements and a cough syrup for now.
  1. Tablet Purecal (calcium) once daily for a month.
  2. Syrup Balofer (Iron) twice daily for a month.
  3. Grilinctus cough syrup (Dextromethorphan hydrobromide) one tablespoon twice daily for one week.
  • Vitamin deficiency is responsible for your symptoms and for which I have prescribed supplementation. Thyroid levels are on the borderline for which I would advise you to repeat it and come back to me.
  • Take care of your diet. Eat more green leafy vegetables, fruits and non-vegetarian once in a week if you eat.
  • Have early morning sun exposure for few minutes every day. Report to me after one week and get well soon.

Revert back after a week to a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|