Heavy Breathing

If I quit smoking, will it help with my heavy breathing and weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, I smoke a lot, and these days I am experiencing difficulty in smoking. I feel weak, and my eyes are getting closed and feeling heavy breathing when using stairs.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, these problems can be due to smoking. It may lead to heart problems which causes breathing problems on exertion. Tell me if you have chest pain on walking, any palpitations, any family history of heart disease, or any history of diabetes, hypertension,etc.? ...  Read Full »

Why am I having deep breath sometimes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to find out a specific function of the diaphragm when it comes to taking a deep breath. There seems to be a deep breath one takes similar to when one is at the doctor and they say take a deep breath and then there is a much more satisfying deep breath one can take which seems...  Read Full »

Dr. Indermohan Thethi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is an interesting question. Your observation that sometimes you can take a deep breath that is a bit more satisfying than other times makes me a bit more curious as to whether you are in the same posture every time you try it. The diaphragm is a muscle that divides e...  Read Full »

How to overcome major depressive illness, sleep deprivation, and anxiety attacks?

Query: I am suffering from major depressive illness,sleep deprivation,anxiety attacks,heavy breathing ,fatigue and exhaustion.i am a doctor myself, and currently taking Petril 0.5mg. I need help.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq - How long have you been experiencing features of depression , anxiety and related symptoms? - Is there any ongoing stressor in your life that is exacerbating your symptoms ? Being a doctor can itself be an exhausting and demanding job. - I note that you are taking Petri...  Read Full »

Is hearing the breathing sounds while exhaling normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small question about exhaling breath sounds. I always listen to my body and make sure everything is as it should. I have mild ETD, which makes my nose a little stuffy when in dry environments or the humidity is low. Two weeks ago, I was to hiatal hernia surgery. They did check my...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. When you listen silently, you can hear the exhalation sound, and that is absolutely normal. A few people have that sound in excess, and that can happen due to nasal polyps, obesity, and breathing disorders. So, if you have any of the above, then ...  Read Full »

How to stop manually controlling my breathing?

Query: Hello doctor,I want a permanent solution for my manual breathing problem. I am 16 years old. Recently, I had UTI, and my brother thought that I just imagined a problem where I cannot void my bladder completely. So, he told me to pay attention to my breathing. So, I started doing that while urinatin...  Read Full »

Dr. Geethu Thomas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you have elaborated your problem. Now, let me start from the beginning. You said that you had a urinary tract infection (UTI). That causes an incomplete emptying of your bladder. If your urine emptying is not complete even now, then I suggest you take t...  Read Full »

All my reports are normal, then why do I have chest tightness and labored breathing?

Query: Hello doctor, Five years ago, I quit smoking. I am a 34 year old male, who weighs 220 lbs. I had health anxiety and had asthma tests, ECG, EKG, and chest x-rays done. I drank fairly often for four years. The last three months, the frequency picked up, and I was getting really drunk. Over the four ye...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Does this occurs only on exercise and relieves with rest? Do you still smoke? Do you have any other symptoms of gastritis and reflux like nausea, abdominal pain, chest burning, etc.? This can occur just due to heavy unaccustomed exertion or even smoking. But...  Read Full »