Q. I have itchy warts below my chin and underarms. What to do?

Dr. Shanza Ikram
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I am having warts below my chin and in my underarms. The warts are itchy, especially when they come out for the first time. During hot and humid weather conditions, warts cause irritation and itchiness. Of late, they are growing in numbers around the neck, shoulders, and underarms. I usually sweat a lot in these areas. I had one wart below my right ear since my childhood. Now in my neck area, these are growing for the last two years. I am under Fluticasone 250 mg for asthma.

Kindly look into my attachments and advice me on the medication and diet required to cure it.

#

I have gone through your case and attachments (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). The best treatment for warts is cautery or fulguration. But you have recurrent warts, and these are not very big in size. I suggest you apply Duofilm lotion (a combination of Salicylic acid and Lactic acid) only on the affected area two times a day for ten days only.

Do not apply a large amount, or your skin will get irritated. Warts will shed off after few days.

For recurrent warts, I suggest you take capsule Perfectil daily (Multivitamin) for two months. Zinc deficiency promotes it. If you are obese, check your blood glucose levels and try to reduce your weight.

I hope this was helpful.

|