Q. My lower wisdom tooth is erupting with swollen gums and pain. Please suggest solution.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

I am facing this below for more than 15 days. My lower and upper wisdom teeth are erupting. The lower teeth are erupting and gum got swelling and pain. There is swelling nearby the last molar teeth and feeling pain. I have a feeling of throat infection and sometimes pain in the throat, neck and Jaw. I have no fever but inside the tongue I found red blisters. I need your advice.

Already I am taking Loxoprofen sodium 60 mg for one week, and Azithromycin for about three days.

#

First of all please do not worry. I went through your query and I am a specialist dealing with third molars. I can understand what kind of pain and discomfort you have been through. I will guide you to relieve all your pain. These teeth are impacted and they will not come out normally and will cause discomfort repeatedly.

I will prescribe better medicines kindly get them you will be fine. Visit your dentists office once the lockdown gets over to extraction. For now, I need you to do

Warm saline gargle two to three times a day (if hypertensive avoid salt, use Betadine gargle).

Avoid sticky or sweet food.

Maintain oral hygiene.

Avoid direct heat (warm cloths from outside).

Take the medications as prescribed.

Impacted third molars.

Pericoronitis.

Follow up after seven days.

|