Q. My lower wisdom tooth is erupting with swollen gums and pain. Please suggest solution.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

I am facing this below for more than 15 days. My lower and upper wisdom teeth are erupting. The lower teeth are erupting and gum got swelling and pain. There is swelling nearby the last molar teeth and feeling pain. I have a feeling of throat infection and sometimes pain in the throat, neck and Jaw. I have no fever but inside the tongue I found red blisters. I need your advice.

Already I am taking Loxoprofen sodium 60 mg for one week, and Azithromycin for about three days.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

First of all please do not worry. I went through your query and I am a specialist dealing with third molars. I can understand what kind of pain and discomfort you have been through. I will guide you to relieve all your pain. These teeth are impacted and they will not come out normally and will cause discomfort repeatedly.

I will prescribe better medicines kindly get them you will be fine. Visit your dentists office once the lockdown gets over to extraction. For now, I need you to do

Warm saline gargle two to three times a day (if hypertensive avoid salt, use Betadine gargle).

Avoid sticky or sweet food.

Maintain oral hygiene.

Avoid direct heat (warm cloths from outside).

Take the medications as prescribed.

Impacted third molars.

Pericoronitis.

Follow up after seven days.

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Why is there swelling of gums near the extraction site?

Query: Hello doctor, Four days ago, I had surgery to remove four impacted wisdom teeth and one molar extraction. Yesterday, I began to develop swelling of the gums near the bottom right incision. Today it has grown up into a bubble covering the top of my back molar. One quarter of the molar is covered by ...  Read Full »

Will pericoronitis in the left upper wisdom tooth is likely to cause Ludwig's syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I heard that Pericoronitis could cause Ludwig syndrome, which can interfere with breathing. I heard this happens when the lower wisdom tooth is infected. Can this still happen if the upper wisdom tooth is infected? My upper left wisdom tooth is infected. However, I am treating it wi...  Read Full »

How can I manage sore throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore throat from last 15 days. Medications taken are Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid taken for five days BD. The next course includes ZOCEF CV 500 BD for eight days. Levocetirizine 5 mg OD at night from the last 15 days and Betadine gargle thrice a day (both Levo and gargle, ...  Read Full »