Q. I am six weeks pregnant and had a bright red bleeding. What should I do?

I am at six or seven weeks from conception. I did not have a visit yet. Today, I experienced a slight bright red bleeding. Can you tell me what I should do? I am really worried.

#

How are you doing?

• By six weeks of pregnancy, the baby's heartbeat is visualized. Only a scan showing adequate fetal growth and heartbeat, with good decidual reaction indicates a healthy pregnancy.
  • The reasons for bleeding now could be:
  1. Pregnancy is associated with erosions on the cervix, that is, high vascular areas and raw areas on the cervix. These raw areas may bleed spontaneously or following any recent episodes of sex.
  2. Any associated urinary infections.
  3. Implantation bleed which is usually darker colored.
  4. Hope you are not diabetic. Uncontrolled diabetes can put the baby at risk.
  5. If the bleeding is from the interior of the uterus, then you will also have some lower abdomen ache. This has to be checked with a scan.
  • If there is a delay in meeting the doctor or having the scan, just have tablet Duphaston (Dydrogesterone), available worldwide in the same name, one tablet twice a day till the doctor starts you on a higher dose of the Progesterone hormone.

Just hope and pray for the best. Everything will be fine. All the best.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|