Q. I am six weeks pregnant and had a bright red bleeding. What should I do?

Published on May 23, 2018

I am at six or seven weeks from conception. I did not have a visit yet. Today, I experienced a slight bright red bleeding. Can you tell me what I should do? I am really worried.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing?

• By six weeks of pregnancy, the baby's heartbeat is visualized. Only a scan showing adequate fetal growth and heartbeat, with good decidual reaction indicates a healthy pregnancy.
  • The reasons for bleeding now could be:
  1. Pregnancy is associated with erosions on the cervix, that is, high vascular areas and raw areas on the cervix. These raw areas may bleed spontaneously or following any recent episodes of sex.
  2. Any associated urinary infections.
  3. Implantation bleed which is usually darker colored.
  4. Hope you are not diabetic. Uncontrolled diabetes can put the baby at risk.
  5. If the bleeding is from the interior of the uterus, then you will also have some lower abdomen ache. This has to be checked with a scan.
  • If there is a delay in meeting the doctor or having the scan, just have tablet Duphaston (Dydrogesterone), available worldwide in the same name, one tablet twice a day till the doctor starts you on a higher dose of the Progesterone hormone.

Just hope and pray for the best. Everything will be fine. All the best.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Pregnancy test had two mildly visible lines, but it is now negative.

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex six weeks ago and my period was late for two weeks. I used the first PT when my period was five days late and it has two lines but it is not that visible. After three days, I tried again and it is already negative. Up to the two-weeks late period, all PT are negat...  Read Full »

Pregnancy and Birth

Article Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy.  Read Article

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy. It typically lasts for 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). A woman can get pregna...  Read Article

Why does bleed severely during menses?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is suffering from menstrual cycle problem. She is bleeding too much and her period continues for 7 days. Due to this,  low BP, headache and lower back problem has started. Since last two years she is feeling weak and less energetic. Kindly suggest good medicines preferably ge...  Read Full »