Q. Patient is diabetic and has blurring in the midpoint of the eye. Can you guide me?

Answered by
Dr. Arnab Pal
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 21, 2021

Hi doctor,

The patient is a 68-year-old male. He has diabetes for the last 20 years, and he is also having liver cirrhosis issues from two years before. As per age and problems, he can be considered fit as he eats well just like adults and likes to move around and do yoga. But recently, for the past month, he has been facing issues with his right eye. He can see correctly with the side part of the eye, but there is blurring in the midpoint of the eye. To control diabetes, he takes the following medicines: tablet Glycinorm 80 mg two times a day, tablet Remo-Zen 100 mg two times a day, and to control blood pressure, he takes tablet Olmetrack CT 40 once a day as prescribed by a doctor. I need a consultation with an eye specialist doctor.

Lab tests performed:

Blood glucose test.
Creatinine test.
Laser eye test.



Welcome to

I have gone through the blood reports and the eye reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity).

The blood reports are satisfactory except that PPBS (post-prandial blood sugar) seems a bit high. That needs to be controlled. The eye reports document the reason he sees less with his right eye. He is suffering from age-related degeneration of the central part of the retina called the macula. The clinical term is ARMD (age-related macular degeneration) and, more specifically, choroidal neovascularisation (CNV) with bleeding under the retina. The condition is active CNV.

I am sure the retina specialist would have clearly explained the situation. The subsequent best management would be to inject a highly expensive anti-VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) intravitreal injection in the right eye.

There are many options, but injection Accentrix (Ranibizumab) or injection Lucentis solution (Ranibizumab) is the best. Injection Eylea (Aflibercept) and injection Pagenax (Brolucizumab) are also equally good. Injection Razumab (Ranibizumab) and injection Avastin (Bevacizumab) are the less costly injections, but all have shown more or less similar efficacy.

Also, it would be best if you kept in mind more than one injection are needed in almost all cases. Results are good, but you should not expect 100% visual results.

The left eye seems good though a multivitamin capsules like capsule I-Site or capsule Retinox once daily for two months will be helpful to prevent further progression.

I hope I have answered your queries. Do the treatment as soon as possible for the best results.


Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Please advise the treatment for my mother's eye problem from the OCT report.

The treatment of the eye includes giving an anti-VEGF injection (antivascular endothelial growth factor) ...   Read full

What is macular degeneration?

I have just been diagnosed with macular degeneration ... As you stated that you have been diagnosed with macular degeneration that is A...   Read full

What can be done for loss of vision in the right eye?

For left, which is also suffering from similar disease but the difference is that in the left eye the disease is still active and if anti-VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) injections are used now, we can regain some u...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»
Nighttime Skin Routine for Clear Skin
A skin that gets all the attention during the day requires a chance to repair, rejuvenate and replenish from day damage ...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Eye Care Ophthalmologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.