Q. How can I deal with aggressive behaviors of my sister?

Answered by Dr. Prashanth and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.


Do you have a question on Aggressive Behavior or Family Relations? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

I have a sister and we are living together after my mother's death. We are living in a country where there are more traditional aspects. The problem is that my sister has some aggressive behaviors. An unsuccessful love affair has turned her to have more aggressive personality. She has been always fighting with my mother sometimes throwing and breaking things. My mother even had serious injuries. She never accepted to take any advice and told us that she was very healthy and normal. She is totally a different person outside the house usually very shy and not a friendly person. My mother always kept a secret and never told anybody whatever she did to her. I was the only person who knew about the abuse. I lost my father at a young age. Now that my mother has gone, she is behaving with me in the same way and I do not know what to do. I know she will never accept to take any professional advice. I am afraid that she will hurt me if I tell her to do that. She has also bullying-like behaviors and is always trying to make me angry whenever she wants by distorting words and humiliating me. I do not know how to deal with this. I am feeling anxious, nervous, and frightened. I really need advice for myself how to deal with this kind of person. I will be thankful if you could help me.

Related Questions:
I am a teenager and I feel my parents hate me. What should I do?
What can be done to cope up depression due to relationship issues?
I had a serious breakup with my girlfriend. I feel lonely. What do I do?

Dr. Prashanth


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I suggest the following:

  • Whenever you feel she is in a good mood, bring up the issues of her quarreling or instances happened recently and try to convince to seek psychiatric help along with you. Try to explain in a manner that she takes it seriously.
  • Try to convince her that you are concerned about her and the relationship.
  • Take an appointment with a psychiatrist beforehand and even if she finally refuses to consult, you attend and discuss with the doctor regarding what best you can do according to the laws of your area.
  • You can consult a psychiatrist online so that both of you can consult and there is less chance of her denying and can be counseled to whatever extent possible.


For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

Am I at risk of having a baby with trisomy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. I am 23 weeks and three days pregnant now. My first-trimester scan was normal. My anomaly scan was done at 20 weeks six days was fine. My quad test alone is abnormal with raised beta hCG value of 6.54 mIU/mL. Am I at risk of having a baby with trisomy 1? Is it common...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam
Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be better if you send me your detailed history regarding previous menstrual, obstetrics, gynecology, medical and drug history. Your age is less risky to have genital anomalies as you are too young. Trisomies are more likely to occur in advanced maternal age. Fa...  Read Full »
I am stressed with my inability and erection problem. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I have been married for four years now and have a 2.5 year old kid. The problem is that I hardly ever feel to have sex with my wife. I started noticing this issue after a couple of weeks into the marriage. I get an erection at the initial stage, but cannot sustain the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be considered as selective anoragasmia. Here the more important part that only with your wife you do not have feelings for intimation during intercourse or difficulty in sustaining erections, while you have good erections while watching porn and masturbation. I wo...  Read Full »
I am a teenager and I feel my parents hate me. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 14-year-old female. I always have this moment where I am complained and scolded. This always happens with my parents and I always feel bad and it always makes me think "Do they hate me? Am I not good enough for them? Am I a maid for them? " I also ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your parents need family therapy from a psychologist. If you cannot do this then accept it. If you cannot change the situation then change yourself. You can make good friends, develop good hobbies like painting, reading books, learn music and dance, lea...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Is it possible to cure my respiratory allergy and throat infection with some medicine?
Hi doctor, I am suffering from nose block, throat pain, fever, occasional running nose, and headache. I am taking Nasaf ...Read more »
Can inhaling enamel paint residual fumes cause health issues?
Hello doctor, I (66 years, 145 lbs) am using a can of enamel paint in my basement. Total of 1 to 2 minutes. Had a mask ...Read more »
Arthritis in Its Many Forms
Arthritis is defined as the inflammation of a joint. There are various types of arthritis and despite their similarities ...Read more »