Q. How can I deal with aggressive behaviors of my sister?

Dr. Prashanth
Published on Nov 11, 2017

I have a sister and we are living together after my mother's death. We are living in a country where there are more traditional aspects. The problem is that my sister has some aggressive behaviors. An unsuccessful love affair has turned her to have more aggressive personality. She has been always fighting with my mother sometimes throwing and breaking things. My mother even had serious injuries. She never accepted to take any advice and told us that she was very healthy and normal. She is totally a different person outside the house usually very shy and not a friendly person. My mother always kept a secret and never told anybody whatever she did to her. I was the only person who knew about the abuse. I lost my father at a young age. Now that my mother has gone, she is behaving with me in the same way and I do not know what to do. I know she will never accept to take any professional advice. I am afraid that she will hurt me if I tell her to do that. She has also bullying-like behaviors and is always trying to make me angry whenever she wants by distorting words and humiliating me. I do not know how to deal with this. I am feeling anxious, nervous, and frightened. I really need advice for myself how to deal with this kind of person. I will be thankful if you could help me.

Dr. Prashanth

Psychiatry
#

I suggest the following:

• Whenever you feel she is in a good mood, bring up the issues of her quarreling or instances happened recently and try to convince to seek psychiatric help along with you. Try to explain in a manner that she takes it seriously.
  • Try to convince her that you are concerned about her and the relationship.
  • Take an appointment with a psychiatrist beforehand and even if she finally refuses to consult, you attend and discuss with the doctor regarding what best you can do according to the laws of your area.
  • You can consult a psychiatrist online so that both of you can consult and there is less chance of her denying and can be counseled to whatever extent possible.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

My fiance is not giving me time and I am feeling depressed. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I feel so depressed from the past few weeks. I am in a relationship wherein, my fiance is not able to give me time. We are in the relationship for the past 5 years. I am so addicted to him that I do not have any other friends in my life and I feel he is my everything. Due to some reas...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can see you are in a tough situation. Every relationship has many aspects which are mutual like mutual respect, mutual care, mutual love, mutual expectations. The problem arises when there is an imbalance in partners mutual love, care, expectations, etc. And it is mor...  Read Full

What are the side effects of taking Adderall for a long time?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 29 year old boyfriend, who weighs 190 lbs and 6 feet tall, he is a former athlete in college. He was diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia through the spinal tab, five years ago. He is now taking Adderall 60 mg a day total, spread over six times, and is using Flumazenil cream, wh...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Idiopathic hypersomnia is a sleep disorder even less common than narcolepsy, a rare sleep disease. The biggest distinguishing characteristics include differences in REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, the absence of cataplexy (a sudden weakness in the muscles while fully co...  Read Full

I am a teenager and I feel my parents hate me. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 14-year-old female. I always have this moment where I am complained and scolded. This always happens with my parents and I always feel bad and it always makes me think "Do they hate me? Am I not good enough for them? Am I a maid for them? " I also ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your parents need family therapy from a psychologist. If you cannot do this then accept it. If you cannot change the situation then change yourself. You can make good friends, develop good hobbies like painting, reading books, learn music and dance, lea...  Read Full