Q. Is my friend's husband suffering from advanced stage of AIDS?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 11, 2020

Eight months back, my best friend's husband, who is 53 years old, was diagnosed with positive HIV, hepatitis B and lymph node TB. He is taking proper medicine, but gained so much weight. Now, for over a week, he has been having cold and cough during evening. He is a smoker. Is he currently in advanced stage of AIDS? Please reply. The laboratory reports showed liver and spleen enlargement, lung veins inflamed and biopsy of lymph node showed TB. His weight was 69 before eight months and now he is 87.

#

• Extra pulmonary tuberculosis, that is TB other than of the lungs is usually an indicator of poor immunity and can be seen in advanced stages of HIV.
  • As the patient has shown signs of improvement, it is a positive thing. Any patient can upgrade their health status if their immunity is good.
  • Kindly mention the CD4 count and current medication being taken.

Revert back with the reports and medication details to a HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

| 

What can cause itch, redness and pain at the tip of penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have itchy and reddish private part since last two months. I have pain at the tip of penis and during intercourse. I consulted a doctor, he suggested me AF-Kit. After taking this for one month it was just perfect. The symptoms returned again. I tried AF-Kit, but this time, the symptoms...  Read Full »

Ayurveda medicines to increase the Immunity?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a mother of a 3 year old. My son is suffering from cold and cough. He gets vomiting whenever he coughs continuously. Also, he gets cold and coughs very often in the last one year. Until 15 months of age, he did not get even a single episode of cold or a cough. I am so worried about ...  Read Full »

Is the HIV RNA test conclusive?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with a woman for two to three minutes around four weeks ago. I took HIV 1 RNA test on 11th day which was negative. Again I took complete STD panel tests on 21st day with HIV-1 RNA and HIV fourth generation tests, all of the results were negative. But, I can notice sm...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now