Q. I am concerned about my liver status and need your advice.

and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 22, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 24, 2021

I am a 37-year-old male with a weight of 105 kilograms and a height of five feet nine inches. I was diagnosed with fatty liver four years back. I am taking Nusam 400 two tablets in the morning and evening, Usrodox plus, and Evion 400 mg daily. Recently, I did a medical test and a few of my parameters are out of normal range. I drink alcohol three times a week and I smoke regularly. I am concerned about my liver status and need your advice. Previously, I was taking Rozucor F5 for cholesterol. But I stopped taking it after my lipid profile became normal. I am passing yellow urine for the past ten months. I do not have any other physical problems. Kindly suggest some medications to bring back my parameters to a normal level. I have attached my test reports.

#

You have deranged parameters due to alcohol consumption. You are taking so many medications at this young age. It is not a good thing. I suggest you stop drinking alcohol and start doing exercise. I assure you that your reports will improve without a single medicine within three months.

I need to change my lifestyle. I will stop drinking alcohol immediately. I will start doing exercise soon. Kindly suggest some medicine to fix my issue. Kindly advice. Can I continue my medicines taken currently?

#

Your parameters will get fixed by taking medicines. But you need to have some lifestyle changes. For now, you can start taking tablet Lipikind F 10 (Atorvastatin with Fenofebrate) at night and tablet Udiliv 300 (Ursodeoxycholic acid) twice a day.

|