Q. My period is delayed but my pregnancy test is negative. Why?

Dr. Sabita Laskar

I have done a pregnancy test, and it is negative, but I did not get my period. The date was on 13th of this month, and it is already 17th.

#

Thanks for writing to us.

It is advisable to wait for one week before you do a pregnancy test to avoid a false report. Since you have mentioned your due was on the 13th of this month, please do the test on the 20th of this month. If you do not want to wait, then you can go for a blood pregnancy test. Just do serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). It will confirm your pregnancy even before you miss a period.

I hope this helps you. Feel free to revert if you have any other queries.

Thanks.

Thank you for the response.

Suppose I need to get it aborted. What to do? Please help.

#

Do not worry. You have enough time in your hand, you can abort through pills till seven weeks, and if you want to go for assisted abortion, you can do it till 19 weeks.

|