HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologyamniocentesisI am 22 weeks pregnant and had my double marker test done. Can you please review my reports?

Can you tell me if I should proceed with amniocentesis, even if it is late?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 20, 2022
Reviewed AtSeptember 7, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am 22 weeks pregnant, starting today, and I am 37 years old. In week 13, I had my double marker test done, and I have attached the test report. Afterward, I did the Natera Panorama NIPT test, and the results were low for all trisomies: 1:10000. Last week I had an ultrasound at week 21, and they found one EIF on my left ventricle. Besides this, everything was good, and as it was an isolated marker, the doctor told me not to worry about it. But of course, I am still worried.

Can you tell me if I should proceed with amniocentesis, even if I think it is pretty late, or is the doctor right and I should not worry?

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). As your chances of congenital abnormalities are very low, I think there is no need for amniocentesis as it is an invasive procedure. In addition, the single foci in the heart can be considered normal. So there is no need to worry about it. Hope you found this helpful. Feel free to ask more queries.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Richa Agarwal
Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy