HomeAnswersUrologyanal fissurePlease advise regarding my wife's inflation and painful defecation.

Please advise regarding my wife's inflation and painful defecation.


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At September 9, 2016
Reviewed AtJune 27, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

Three months back, my wife had some small wounds inside the anal area. For bleeding, she got Shield ointment from general physician. Lately, a small inflation is seen in anal tract and it is painful while defecating. It has been there for the past three months. Please advise.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Looks like anal fissure, which means cuts in the skin lining of the anus. It generally happens due to constipation. This leads to pain while passing stools. Many times piles are associated with this condition and it leads to bleeding and swelling in the perianal area. Points of concern are that sometimes infection happens in the perianal area, which needs to be confirmed by physical examination and requires antibiotics. Shield ointment (combination of Hydrocortisone and Lidocaine) is fine for plies, if it is not very severe. Avoid constipation and spicy food. I suggest a laxative like Duphalac 15 mL (Lactulose) at night. For bleeding tablet Daflon 500 (Diosmin and Hesperidin) is advised. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. In advanced piles, medicines do not help for very long and surgery is required.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Gupta Aman Manoharlal
Dr. Gupta Aman Manoharlal


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy