Q. Please advise regarding my wife's inflation and painful defecation.

Dr. Aman Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 01, 2020

Three months back, my wife had some small wounds inside the anal area. For bleeding, she got Shield ointment from general physician. Lately, a small inflation is seen in anal tract and it is painful while defecating. It has been there for the past three months. Please advise.

#

• Looks like anal fissure, which means cuts in the skin lining of the anus. It generally happens due to constipation. This leads to pain while passing stools.
  • Many times piles are associated with this condition and it leads to bleeding and swelling in the perianal area.
  • Points of concern are that sometimes infection happens in the perianal area, which needs to be confirmed by physical examination and requires antibiotics.
  • Shield ointment (combination of Hydrocortisone and Lidocaine) is fine for plies, if it is not very severe. Avoid constipation and spicy food.
  • I suggest a laxative like Duphalac 15 mL (Lactulose) at night. For bleeding tablet Daflon 500 (Diosmin and Hesperidin) is advised. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • In advanced piles, medicines do not help for very long and surgery is required.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|