Q. I have anal pain with occasional blood in stool. Please help.

and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
Published on Jan 13, 2020

I have pain in anus on touching. I also notice blood in stools sometimes. I have attached images. Please check and guide me. Thanks.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

Based on the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks that you have internal hemorrhoids pr piles.

I would like to know the following:

1. Since how long are you having these symptoms?

2. Do you suffer from constipation?

3. Is the blood fresh red or blackish?

Revert with the asked details for better help.

| 

Please check that there is a light-colored spot near the anus. It is present for around six months. Yes, I am having constipation. As I remember, the blood is fresh. Thanks.

#

Blood in stools can be from upper gastrointestine (UGI) or from lower gastrointestine (LGI). The dark altered blood is from upper GI bleed and fresh blood is mostly from the lower GI tract.

We need to evaluate various possibilities that can cause such bleeding most commonly being hemorrhoids or piles, inflammatory bowel disease, and acute dysentery.

In such a scenario, I would advise you to see your doctor, who will perform a proctoscopy in his office. If any evidence of piles is found you would be treated accordingly. If he feels suspicious for inflammatory bowel disease, then he will post you for colonoscopy.

Most likely you have piles, you require treatment for constipation like syrup Lactulose 15 ml in the night. You can do a sitz bath daily. Medicines and creams for local application are also there since they are prescription drugs, you need to see your doctor. Please feel comfortable to ask me, any query you have in your mind.

Thanks.

| 

I got internal hemorrhoids and now bleeding on passing stools. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am in a situation that I cannot go to any hospital for the next three weeks. That is why I am seeking help from online. I am a 27 year old female and I got internal hemorrhoids and a small grape-like clump on my bum which I got long, long ago. A month ago I got constipation and this led ...  Read Full »

I am getting hemorrhoids at least twice a month. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am getting hemorrhoids often. Even this month, I got hemorrhoids twice. I would like to know, why is it so often for me? I do eat fruits every day, and I do not have constipation. I am 20 years old, and my weight is 59 kg. Thank you.  Read Full »

I have anal pain even two weeks after a piles surgery. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I had undergone piles surgery two weeks ago. Still, I have pain in the anal area during bowel movements.  Read Full »