Q. Is my past relationship making me anxious while seeing an attractive girl?

Answered by Dr. Vandana Patidar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Anxiety or Excessive Fear? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have extreme anxiety when I see an attractive girl. I feel like escaping from that place at that moment. I intentionally avoid going out and limit myself to home only to avoid attractive girls, I even stopped watching TV to avoid this. I believe this symptom may have started with a broken relationship I had with a girl 10 years back. I am 35 now but I still have it and it is getting worse, I am not sure if I will ever be able to overcome it. Please help.