Q. Is my past relationship making me anxious while seeing an attractive girl?

Dr. Vandana Patidar
Published on Dec 31, 2018

I have extreme anxiety when I see an attractive girl. I feel like escaping from that place at that moment. I intentionally avoid going out and limit myself to home only to avoid attractive girls, I even stopped watching TV to avoid this. I believe this symptom may have started with a broken relationship I had with a girl 10 years back. I am 35 now but I still have it and it is getting worse, I am not sure if I will ever be able to overcome it. Please help.

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sleep Medicine
#

People develop a fear of various things due to some bad past experiences. Some get over them with time while for some people it gets worse. If your past still haunts you and is the reason for developing these fears then you need to undergo some therapy sessions. You may also need a medicine, depending on the severity of your problem and extent of improvement with therapy. I would advise you to see a psychiatrist at your local place as early as possible because already so many precious years have been lost due to this problem. It has taken a lot from your life. Do not delay seeking help.

I am scared of dentists, but I need to get fillings. How to proceed?

Query: Hi doctor, I am terrified of dentists and needles. My front tooth is decaying. Please check the photo. There is a hole in the back and black marks on the front. Also, I need fillings to other teeth. Kindly advise me.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to tell you that there is nothing to be fearful about dentists. You will be given 100% care during your every visit. You have just to understand the fact that it is your oral problem, which is being corrected and co-operate for that. You will be...  Read Full

I do not show my emotion at any time. Is that due to anxiety or social disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have some form of social disorder. I do not have feelings like others. I do not feel empathy but can be empathetic on cue as I know the social cues. And I prefer to keep to myself. Can you please advise where I can be diagnosed? I have always thought it was anxiety as this...  Read Full >>

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the limited information you have provided, it is difficult to give an accurate opinion. It is possible you are describing some features of autism spectrum traits or Asperger syndrome which can manifest as social communication difficulties and anxiety. It is not unc...  Read Full

I have fear of talking with people due to my difficult childhood. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45-year-old male, the youngest of my other five siblings. All through my childhood years up to the age of 20, my parents and other four of my siblings were exposed to a very angry behavior of my elder brother, the oldest of my siblings. The age gap between him and me is 15 years d...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After I read your history that you had a very difficult past, for your brother who is schizophrenic patient, who need proper treatment and if unable to manage, he needs institutional care. As far as your history is concerned which shows depression and anxiety, can you m...  Read Full