Q. I have pain in my left forearm and right leg. What is the treatment?

Dr. Atul Prakash
Published on Oct 19, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 22, 2019

I am a 28-year-old male.

1) I have been experiencing pain in my left forearm. It suddenly started, and there was a constant pain in almost the entire forearm. I went to sleep, and it continued to pain, so after a couple of hours, I took Paracetamol. It went away after that. The next day, while doing some work, I put pressure on my forearms, and it started to pain feebly. I saw some swelling after looking at it closely. The portion of the swelling is a bit stiff. If I clench my fists hard enough, the swollen part pains a bit. As far as I remember, I have not had any injury and not doing any stressful work. I am physically inactive. I also had tennis elbow in my right hand about eight months ago due to workouts in the gym. After that I had left the gym too.

2) I have pain in my right leg on the lateral side below and towards the knee. The pain has been there for the past two to three months. It appears when I bend my legs and sit for a long duration and when I stand and stretch my leg. Please help.

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

As there is no history of injury and the duration of symptoms is only a few days, then it is not worrying. Apply ice over the area and keep it elevated, and do not massage.

Take anti-inflammatory tablets like WillgoCR or Voveran (Diclofenac) once daily after meals.

If the pain and swelling increase or does not settle in a week, then you should consult a doctor.

The knee pain appears to be from the knee cap and this may affect your climbing stairs and getting up from a sitting position. Though you have not mentioned much about the knee pain, the other possibility is the pes anserine bursitis. Apply a gel like Dynapar (Diclofenac combination) to the affected parts to help.

| 

I am suffering from chest pain and arm pain associated with fever and vomiting. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from right side chest pain and right arm and also have fever and vomiting. What should I do? Is it symptoms of something big?  Read Full »

Can tablet Diclomol decrease platelet count?

Query: Hi doctor, Can tablet Diclomol be taken to reduce temperature? Will it decrease platelet count?  Read Full »

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »

Ask a Fitness Expert Now