Q. What is the reason for my arm pain?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 18, 2020

I had a blood test done around six days ago and my arm is paining now? It aches when I curl my arm and also when I stretch it out flat. This has never been an issue for me previously. What might be causing this pain on my arm? Please help.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• There is a possibility that there may have been multiple attempts at the same site before taking the blood sample.
  • This causes extravasation of blood in the surrounding tissues as well leading to hematoma formation often accompanied with discoloration of skin.
  • This may also cause increase in compartment pressure (caused when pressure builds up within the muscle) cause pain especially while stretching.
  • You may use hot fomentation locally over the site for 15 minutes each thrice a day. Definitely, you will be benefitted from this.

For further doubts consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

I do not want to complete rabies booster doses after side effects. Is it dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been injured by a needle after injecting unvaccinated white mice in my college and I have received two doses of rabies vaccine on the day of exposure and day three but the side effects were severe (hypertension, nausea, vomiting, dizziness) and I do not want to complete the thr...  Read Full »

I was left with a hole in the skull after hematoma evacuation. Is it safe?

Query: Hi doctor,Seven months ago, I had a serious head injury. That time, I was left with a small hole in the skull after extradural hematoma evacuation. Then, I had no discomfort in the head. Now, I have terrible tension around the back of the head and dull pressure and pain next to the hole. I feel hyp...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for hematoma?

Query: Hi doctor,Before five months, I had surgery for thigh hematoma. Now, the same problem started again. It is increasing in size and painful. Also, there is swelling. Please see the photo attached here.  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now