Q. Why am I unable to protest verbally though I can?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Sneha Kannan
Published on Mar 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 01, 2019

My writing skill is very strong but verbally I cannot protest at all against difficult people. My verbal communication skill is proper and organized if and only if I am focused and conscious at that moment. Otherwise, I tend to be unprofessional and non-intelligent in speaking. Even when a friend illogically shouts over me, I cry over phone and still keep talking in gentle manner. My logic remains in my mind, but I just cannot speak out, which in turn disturbs me later. Sometimes, I get angry by thinking I could not stand verbally for myself at the right time. In the past I was taking Trinicalm plus. What is the problem? I have a feeling that either I am too gentle, less courageous, lack confidence or definitely soft natured and lack mental strength. Please help me.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

Sometimes, it happens because of low self-esteem. Hence, you need to work on it. You need aversion therapy. You do not have to interfere in other's rights but, other side you have to stand for your rights. Do not be very cruel or too innocent, and then people will start teasing you. Remain in between.

For some people who are having predicted behavior, you can prepare answer beforehand. So, you will get some self-confidence. Also, do not think too much about others. Forget everybody. Focus on yourself. Remain happy and tension free.

I am 14 weeks pregnant, and I suffer from severe acid reflux. Should I consult a gastroenterologist?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 14 weeks pregnant, and I suffer from continuous severe acid reflux, from the past 7 to 8 weeks. I consulted my gynecologist, but she did not give any medicine. Antacids are not effective at all, and I have a feeling of food stuck in my throat and chest. It is very unpleasant and ...  Read Full »

I gained 20 kg in two years and my periods are absent. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I had a really tough time in the last two years. I have taken therapy for depression and anxiety. I gained around 20 kg of weight in the last two years. My periods are absent from a year and I am losing hair from the top of my head. My face is full of acne a...  Read Full »

How should I deal my 8 year old sons's wanking habit?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an 8-year-old son. Recently, I came home from work and found him wanking in the living room. He saw me standing there, and he was not embarrassed that I caught him. He continued to do it, so I walked away and left him wanking. I have not spoken to him about that on that day. Since...  Read Full »

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now