Q. Experiencing severe back pain following cervical polypectomy. Is it normal?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Back Pain or Urine Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin. I was taking Flagyl 500 mg 2 times a day, just took the last dose earlier. I do not react well to antibiotics, and I am taking 400 mg Ibuprofen every 4 hours today. The back pain is unbearable, and I want to know what could be the problem. Does this sound like something I can take care of with an increased dose of ibuprofen or should I go to an urgent care facility? Is there a better OTC I can take or a combination that might be more effective? Are the above symptoms normal or typical following a cervical polypectomy for a 1 cm polyp or is the back injury separate? Can I expect these symptoms to subside over time?