Urine Infection

Why do I have burning sensation after taking antibiotics?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old healthy male. Last month, I had an unfortunate sexual exposure (condom's head broke off). I quickly pulled out and washed the genital area with a bathing soap. After few days, I started having a slight itching sensation in the penis. I visited a urologist and he a...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your reports and I can understand your concern (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The report you have mentioned clearly points towards urinary tract infection (UTI). Presence of RBCs, increased WBCs and epithelial cells clearly indica...  Read Full »

I get recurrent burning and discomfort after treatment of penile fungal infection. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I get light burning and discomfort after I have been on antibiotics and sterioids. I had fungal penile infection a year and half back. Why does this keep happening?  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. If it is very minor burning, then there is nothing to worry much. How is your urine stream? Good or bad. There might be subclinical infection in your urine which is causing this. I suggest you get below tests done if possible and take below medic...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain during urination and sex. Why do I have this?

Query: Hello doctor, I have abdominal pain during urination for two days. And also having pain in abdomen lower part during sex. And after that only, I am having pain and burning sensation during urination. And also I have to go urgently for urination. I am frequently going. I already had this experience ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is most likely due to urinary tract infection. There is no risk of getting stressed due to that. UTI can occur in any female, but the risk increases after sex. But that does not mean that you should not visit a doctor. You can visit a doctor with complaints of bur...  Read Full »

I always have an urge to pee after mastubration. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male. Sometimes, after masturbation I feel urge to urinate regularly after every minute even though there is very less urine. Also I feel pain, some pricking and irritation feel while urinating. Sometimes, even without masturbation same problem occurs. Please advise me ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is quite normal to feel an urge to micturate after having coitus or masturbation. However, having pain and prickling sensation while urination is not normal. It suggests that you might have an underlying urinary tract infection. Most common mode of contracting UTI is h...  Read Full »

How to control urine infection in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 45 years old, suffering from diabetes. I have fasting blood sugar avarage 140 to 150 and also I have urine infection showing pus cell in plenty. Kindly suggest me for controlling infection in urine.  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your post and I can see that you are on antibiotic. However, the one you are taking is most likely not effective against urinary tract infections you are suffering from. It is important to treat the infection so I would advise you to get a culture...  Read Full »

How much time does it take for Diflucan to cure urinary candidiasis?

Query: Hello doctor, My doctor prescribed Diflucan (14 days / 200 mg) to treat urinary candidiasis. I just took day 6 of Diflucan. I am feeling a little better but still have achiness in pelvic area, bladder. My question is how much longer until I get full relief? Is this normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suppose you have urine culture proven urinary candida infection for which this tablet Diflucan was started. Usually for urinary tract infection, it is given for 1 to 2 weeks depending on patient symptoms. You can continue till two weeks till sypmtoms subside and then ...  Read Full »

What causes a burning sensation at the tip of the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently I have been experiencing a slight burning sensation on the tip of my penis. When I pee, it stings a bit. The stinging sensation is subtle, but there is always a slight urge to pee. It feels like something is streaming down, but I can only feel it when it reaches close to the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your history,  the burning sensation might be because of an infection, or due to narrowing of the urine pipe, a condition called as stricture urethra. I suggest the following tests to rule out an infection: Urine routine. Urine culture and sensitivity.  U...  Read Full »

I am under Fluconazole for UTI but still my urine is dark brown in colour. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I was initially diagnosed with a urinary tract infection by the presence of white blood cells in my urine. I had symptoms of a typical UTI. I was given a five days course of antibiotics, but the symptoms did not go away, followed by 2*5 days more courses of antibiotics. A urine cultur...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Went through your post. Generally, urine culture growth showing candida is not anything significant because it is a benign infection and usually does not need treatment unless a person has taken a lot of antibiotics, or is HIV positive. The white substance in urine i...  Read Full »

I have the symptoms of a urine infection and the pain is reducing slowly. Is this a chemical infection?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 35 years old. I have the symptoms of a urine infection. But five days after the beginning of the symptoms, I got a urine test, and no bacterial infection or STD were detected. I did an HIV test, which was also negative. The pain is reducing slowly, but I am still not back 100 %. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your description, it appears that you are having pain while passing urine. It could be due to infection, stone or simple inflammation. Urine shows bacteria only in case of infection. In the case of stone disease or inflammation, one can find red blood cells or whi...  Read Full »

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Babu

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shivering may be because of a highfever, or because of urine infection or malaria. As of now use the below medication. Syrup Crocin DS (Paracetamol) 5 ml/240 mg, 4 ml if fever greater than 100 F every sixth hourly. Sponging with lukewarm water until the fever decreases ...  Read Full »