Q. Can I opt biologic Etanercept for ankylosing spondylitis?

Answered by Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Do you have a question on Biologic Drugs or Ankylosing Spondylitis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have ankylosing spondylitis (HLA B27 positive) for the past 12 years and with pulmonary tuberculosis the very next year. And took medicine for nine months, and now I am daily taking Saaz, and I am going to plan for Biologics. The doctor suggested Etanercept 50 mg, but I am afraid of side effects as I was already affected by TB before 11 years. Shall I go for biologic Etanercept 50 mg, and what precautions I have to take during biologics? (I have enclosed the report)