Q. How to treat small blisters with a burning sensation on the penis head?

Answered by
Dr. Sugandh Garg
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 31, 2023

Hello doctor,

I have had small blisters on my penis head. I also have a burning sensation in my penis. I have been having this for the last 30 days. Is this a serious issue? Please suggest some medications for me. Which food items should I take for this problem? I do not have any pain during or after urination. Please give me some advice, and please suggest some antibiotics for me.

Thank you.



Welcome to

I read your query and understand your concern.

Get physically examined and investigated to rule out the medical problem and treat them accordingly. Avoid sexual contact, if any, for a while, and get a urine routine tested. I suggest the following.

(Consult your specialist doctor, talk with them, and take medications with their consent.)

1. Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once daily in the morning for seven days.

2. Apply Clotrimazole ointment on the affected area.

3. Citro-Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Citrate, Citric acid, and Tartaric acid) sachet twice daily in a glass of water.

4. Tablet Norfloxacin with Tinidazole combination for five days.

Feel free to follow up anytime with reports.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Had blisters due to rough masturbation. How would they heal?

I asked the questions to differentiate it from herpes genitalis ...   Read full

Can lower abdominal pain occur after unprotected sex?

.. that you have been tried on multiple antibiotics on just hit and run basis. Firstly, you were given Ceftriaxone for five days without getting the relevant investigations. Then you took antiviral medications followed by Doxycycline. You have tak...   Read full

The blisters on my penis look like herpetic lesions, then why did HSV test come back negative?

The doctor said that it appears to be herpes, but because I do not have pain, fever, or any other symptoms, he believed this was from friction ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Missed Miscarriage - An Overview
Sometimes a miscarriage occurs without knowledge, as typical signs may be absent. This is called a missed miscarriage. L...  Read more»
H3N2v Influenza - Treatment and Prevention
Management and prevention of an Influenza A virus variant include various treatment options and measures. The below arti...  Read more»
Flu A - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention
The flu, or influenza, is a contagious viral infection that attacks the respiratory system. Flu A and B viruses are resp...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.