Q. I am concerned about the blood blister present on my forehead. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Shama Naaz
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 21, 2020


I have this blood blister since one month which I am very concern about it. Its soft but hard to break it and I broke it once which lots blood came out. And I also have open pores, pigmentation, pimple spots. And dry skin but its pimple prone, and also I have lots of pimple spots on my back and some pimples too which I am using salyzap spray, I also use vitamin C serum plus kojivit ultra at night. My main concern is about the bloody kind blister on my forehead.



welcome to icliniq, Blood blisters occurs when tissue and blood vessels are damaged due to friction/trauma and is more painful than regular blisters. It usually resolves on its own within 1-2 weeks. You have not mentioned any history of trauma or friction before onset, also it is present for 1 month and not going away.

After looking at the picture, it looks like a condition called pyogenic granuloma,which is a common benign growth that appears as rapidly growing, bleeding bump on the skin, composed of blood vessels. Treatment is done by excision, electrocautery, cryotherapy by a dermatologist. You should not try to peel off the skin or damage it by your hands as you can get secondary infection.

For your open pores, there are some ways to reduce their size by using a clay mask, using noncomedogenic water based products that wont clog pores, washing face twice daily with facewash containing BHA like salicylic acid 2%, apply a toner before applying oil free moisturiser, wearing sunscreen of spf 30 or above daily.

Drinking plenty of water. There are some cosmetic procedures that can be done by a skin specialist like microneedling, chemical peeling. For black spots you can continue using vitamin C serum. Kojic acid/azelaic acid/ arbutin/ mulberry extract containing cream acan also help in removing spots.

This blood blister came by its own without having any trauma and frictions but it came after I start applying castor and coconut pure oil every day It doesn’t cause any problem since it’s painless and its tender but I am concerned about basal cell carcinoma and melanoma



welcome back to icliniq,

You cannot get blood blister from applying caster oil and coconut oil. Basal cell carcinoma is a slowly growing tumor that develops over months and years and it is locally invasive. In Melanoma, there is a positive family history and the skin lesion appears dark, it can also occur in a preexisting mole, if a mole starts to change colour. If you are concerned about these disorders, There is a very simple and non invasive technique called dermoscopy, which can be easily done by a dermatologist. And you can get the test results very soon.

So mine is not a concerning condition? Can you tell me the exact products name for my open pores. And spots on my back too with pimplesAnd is there any way to treat this benign bump without excistion, electroutery and cryotherapy?


According to me, it is of short duration of 1 month, so chances of malignancy is not so much. But you can go for dermoscopy and excision/electrosurgery.

For open pores, use St. Botanica Retinol 2.5%+ vitamin E& hyaluronic acid professional facial serum, apply it at night time after washing your face . Use toner (like rice water moisturing toner) after facewash and before applying moisturiser during day time.

For acne spots, you can use Aziderm (azelaic acid 15%) over dark spots at night time. During day apply sunscreen with spf 30 above (like UV doux or La shield sunscreen). If you cannot find Aziderm 15%, you can use Azobril 15% cream. Both have the same composition.

For the bump over your forehead, you can wait and watch for another month, not touch or manipulate or peel the skin. Apply Mtaz (mometasone )cream twice daily over bump for 2 weeks. If it still is not reducing in size by then, you can go for removal.

Madam I bought (momate) cream since there wasn’t (Mtaz) cream in pharmacy. Is it same?


Yes, you can use Momate cream,buy a 5 gm pack because you need to apply only small amount over the bump twice daily. Use it only for 2 weeks and then stop. Do not apply Mometasone over normal skin.

Ok madam


If you have any other queries, feel free to ask.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:

Over-the-counter pain medications like Ibuprofen can be taken for the pain ...   Read full

I found a tiny painless protrusion in the gum above my left canine tooth. What is that?

.. like to know if you remember any history of injury to the site? And how long have you been noticing this? Did it increase or decrease in size or observed any color change? There are 2-3 probabilities in your case as much I can make out from photo...   Read full

My pimple turned into a bleeding bump. What to do?

.. read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you have developed pyogenic granuloma. The best treatment for this is radiofrequency cautery. It should be done by dermatologist only. I su...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.