Q. I am concerned about the blood blister present on my forehead. Please help.

Dr. Shama Naaz

Hello

I have this blood blister since one month which I am very concern about it. Its soft but hard to break it and I broke it once which lots blood came out. And I also have open pores, pigmentation, pimple spots. And dry skin but its pimple prone, and also I have lots of pimple spots on my back and some pimples too which I am using salyzap spray, I also use vitamin C serum plus kojivit ultra at night. My main concern is about the bloody kind blister on my forehead.

Dr. Shama Naaz

Dermatology Venereology
#

welcome to icliniq, Blood blisters occurs when tissue and blood vessels are damaged due to friction/trauma and is more painful than regular blisters. It usually resolves on its own within 1-2 weeks. You have not mentioned any history of trauma or friction before onset, also it is present for 1 month and not going away.

After looking at the picture, it looks like a condition called pyogenic granuloma,which is a common benign growth that appears as rapidly growing, bleeding bump on the skin, composed of blood vessels. Treatment is done by excision, electrocautery, cryotherapy by a dermatologist. You should not try to peel off the skin or damage it by your hands as you can get secondary infection.

For your open pores, there are some ways to reduce their size by using a clay mask, using noncomedogenic water based products that wont clog pores, washing face twice daily with facewash containing BHA like salicylic acid 2%, apply a toner before applying oil free moisturiser, wearing sunscreen of spf 30 or above daily.

Drinking plenty of water. There are some cosmetic procedures that can be done by a skin specialist like microneedling, chemical peeling. For black spots you can continue using vitamin C serum. Kojic acid/azelaic acid/ arbutin/ mulberry extract containing cream acan also help in removing spots.

| 

This blood blister came by its own without having any trauma and frictions but it came after I start applying castor and coconut pure oil every day It doesn’t cause any problem since it’s painless and its tender but I am concerned about basal cell carcinoma and melanoma

Dr. Shama Naaz

Dermatology Venereology
#

welcome back to icliniq,

You cannot get blood blister from applying caster oil and coconut oil. Basal cell carcinoma is a slowly growing tumor that develops over months and years and it is locally invasive. In Melanoma, there is a positive family history and the skin lesion appears dark, it can also occur in a preexisting mole, if a mole starts to change colour. If you are concerned about these disorders, There is a very simple and non invasive technique called dermoscopy, which can be easily done by a dermatologist. And you can get the test results very soon.

| 

So mine is not a concerning condition? Can you tell me the exact products name for my open pores. And spots on my back too with pimplesAnd is there any way to treat this benign bump without excistion, electroutery and cryotherapy?

Dr. Shama Naaz

Dermatology Venereology
#

According to me, it is of short duration of 1 month, so chances of malignancy is not so much. But you can go for dermoscopy and excision/electrosurgery.

For open pores, use St. Botanica Retinol 2.5%+ vitamin E& hyaluronic acid professional facial serum, apply it at night time after washing your face . Use toner (like rice water moisturing toner) after facewash and before applying moisturiser during day time.

For acne spots, you can use Aziderm (azelaic acid 15%) over dark spots at night time. During day apply sunscreen with spf 30 above (like UV doux or La shield sunscreen). If you cannot find Aziderm 15%, you can use Azobril 15% cream. Both have the same composition.

For the bump over your forehead, you can wait and watch for another month, not touch or manipulate or peel the skin. Apply Mtaz (mometasone )cream twice daily over bump for 2 weeks. If it still is not reducing in size by then, you can go for removal.

| 

Madam I bought (momate) cream since there wasn’t (Mtaz) cream in pharmacy. Is it same?

Dr. Shama Naaz

Dermatology Venereology
#

Yes, you can use Momate cream,buy a 5 gm pack because you need to apply only small amount over the bump twice daily. Use it only for 2 weeks and then stop. Do not apply Mometasone over normal skin.

| 

Ok madam

Dr. Shama Naaz

Dermatology Venereology
#

If you have any other queries, feel free to ask.

|