Q. I have developed hard lumps on Botox injection sites. Please help.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
Published on Jun 13, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2019

I have been injecting Botox into my forehead for three years now and never had a reaction. Two days ago I visited a different dermatologist and right after the session, I developed hard lumps on every injection site. I returned to the same dermatologist and she told me this is nothing to be concerned with and should reside in two days. She also gave me Arnica oral tablets to use to speed up the recovery. This is my second day after the injection and there are no signs of healing. I am unable to go to work because my forehead looks like it has been attacked by a beehive. What can I do to speed the process?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Kindly send image and revert back. Without clinical photographs, it is difficult to comment. Is there a change in color of skin?

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have attached the image. There is no color change.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have reviewed clinical photographs attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is swelling at the injection site which will go away eventually, and it usually takes about a week. Hard lumps at injection site might occur when there is trauma to a small blood vessel. There is no need to worry if it is not increasing in size or associated with pain. Continue Arnica supplements it may help, and avoid smoking, drinking, strenuous exercise, massage and taking medications that encourage bleeding (like Ibuprofen and Aspirin) which you must be already aware of.

Can the lump under my male breast be cancerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. My complaint is that I have a breast lump in my right breast lower outer quadrant. I noticed it three days ago. I have pain at that site. I also noticed redness in the surrounding areas. I have poor beard growth and chest hair so I suspect that it could be gyn...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably it is gynecomastia as it is common in young age and may cause pain, Although, breast cancer is rare in males, it is more aggressive with rapid growth and spread. I suggest that you take painkillers and send me a photo of the red lump Also if you have...  Read Full

Apart from surgery, how can spasmodic dysphonia be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, Few years ago, I had spasmodic dysphonia. My voice was husky and high pitched. I took medicines and speech therapy. There was slight improvement in my voice but after that my voice is high pitched. I want deeper voice that is manly voice. What should I do? Is there any way to get deeper ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Spasmodic dysphonia is one of the difficult conditions to treat and patient motivation is most important. Speech therapy is tried always and some benefit is there. Botox injection in spastic muscle will give best results, but speech therapy has to be followed. Botox ha...  Read Full

Can a lump on the head be treated with medication?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom aged 52 years has got a small lump on her head three years back. Although it was not causing any pain, she is just curious to know if it can get treated by medication. She felt that its size increased slightly, but she does not prefer surgery. For your information, the present ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Most likely, the diagnosis is a sebaceous cyst. It is spontaneous, which means it has no obvious cause. And in most cases, it is painless. Sometimes, it increases in size. As you know, the best treatment for this is excision through sur...  Read Full