Q. My cardiac markers are high, and I have bronchial asthma. Please help interpret my reports.

Dr. Vivek Chail
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 18, 2021 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2021

I am having bronchial asthma for the last seven to ten years. Currently, I am taking medications for it. I have on and off flare upside with recurrent cold infections for a year. I am taking oral steroids also for short period. I am taking Wysolone 10 mg once daily for five to seven days. I did my recent chest x-ray three months back. You can check it and guide me. I consulted an ENT specialist yesterday and the doctor asked me whether I have chest pain and I told him that I have it. What made him ask it?

Can you please guide whether there is anything to be worried about as my cardiac markers are also high? I am attaching the latest reports. I do not have any history of covid or vaccination done. I can see one-two dot in my x-ray image. Is it normal? My doctor prescribed me to take Hetrazan 100 mg twice daily for long-standing allergies. My IgE levels remain high for above 20 years and it is around 700 to 800 now. I have gross DNS. I do not have a high AEC count. Can I take it safely?

I am a bit afraid of allergic reactions. Is this normal? Is this the right line of treatment? I have started taking vaio gold multivitamins with my medicines. Can I take some iron supplement that is gentle on the stomach with Vaio gold as I have low iron levels too? I am a 38-year-old female with a blood pressure of 110/70 mmHg, a weight of 70 kilograms, and an SpO2 of 90. I started to have this issue at the age of 15 years. I started to have digestive issues due to constipation and gas.

Then I started to have allergic issues with urticaria rashes. I had allergic rhinitis and it got converted to bronchial asthma and iron deficiency anemia. Then I got viral keratitis after doing LASIK. I also developed GERD and piles. I also developed panniculitis and abdominal TB after C-section. I got herpes in my arm after taking ATT and later on developed sacroiliitis.

I also developed warts on the body with foot corns. I do not know whether these are interrelated. I am taking medicine for bronchial asthma and sacroiliitis. I got swelling in my left upper eyelid and tongue before a month. I have a toothache, blurred vision, a bit of asthma flare-up with discomfort in the nose, constipation, and gas for a month. I will be grateful if you guide me.

#

Thanks for writing to us. Hope you are not in much discomfort. The chest x-ray is normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the small dots are perihilar blood vessels and they are not an abnormality. As you are an asthma patient and in the COVID situation, many doctors will like to know whether you have chest pain. COVID can cause problems not only in the lungs but also in the other organs including the heart. The following areas might be of interest in your blood report.

You have mildly low hemoglobin. The fasting blood glucose and HbA1c are mildly increased. Iron levels are decreased and Vitamin B12 is mildly increased. IgE is increased and HS-CRP is increased. Vitamin K is mildly increased. Hetrazan (Diethylcarbamazine) is a standard line of treatment for your symptoms. In standard doses, it can be taken for a time duration as told by your doctors. Usually, it does not cause side effects but if you feel any new symptoms after taking Hetrazan then please discuss with your doctors.

Vaio gold is a multivitamin supplement and it will provide you nutrients. There are so many multivitamins in it and most of them are good. You can take an iron supplement along with Vaio gold and it is not a problem. Please increase the amounts of iron in fruits and food by choosing what is suitable for you.

As you have consulted an ENT for your new symptoms of face and mouth, it helps to know your current health condition after doing clinical evaluation and whether you have any infection in the paranasal sinuses. As allergies and rhinitis can cause a sensation of facial pain and discomfort, DNS (deviated nasal septum) is treated by doing surgery when significant. Constipation and gas problems can occur due to your previous GERD and piles. Please have a follow-up below. Regards.

I am doing fine and hope you and your family are safe and sound. I have some queries to be addressed. Can hetrazan cause an anaphylactic reaction? I am alone with my child and guide me with the symptoms. I hear that this medicine is given to children for worm infections. Do I need to keep an adrenaline pen with me? Do I need to take this medicine regularly?

As for the ten years, my symptoms are higher alone. Do you feel that this is the correct line of treatment for me? Do I need to go for any cardiac evaluation because of increased CRP or HS-CRP and LDH? Is it because of some other reason? Does covid vaccination safe for me? Which one is suitable for me? I and my husband have started taking vaio gold absolute 3 g from today onwards. How long to be taken? I am attaching my husband's blood reports. Have a look. I have an increased vitamin B12.

Will it cause harm? My husband has eventration of the left diaphragm since birth. He does not have any symptoms except on exertion and he needs to take a long breath. Kindly have a look at the attached reports and guide me regarding COVID vaccination for him also. My child is six and a half years old with allergy symptoms.

I have not dewormed him for the past two years. Can I give Bandy plus to my husband and child? What is the ideal dosage? With my asthma medication, sacroiliitis medication, ent medication, can I take Ultracid M? It gave me comfort from gas and acidity while taken previously. Can Pan-d be substituted with Esoz-D?

#

Thanks for writing back and we are doing good and hope the same with your family. Hetrazan is unlikely to cause an anaphylactic reaction. But taken with any medicine and food, it can cause an extremely rare anaphylactic reaction and it cannot be ruled out. Even if it occurs, it will take place usually in the first few days. If you have take them for more than a week and feel comfortable, then anaphylaxis will not happen. It is not an absolute necessity to keep an adrenalin pen. Please report any discomfort to your doctors. The listed reactions are the following. Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur.

The most common side effects are itching and swelling of the face, especially the eyes. The less common side effects are fever, painful and tender glands in the neck, armpits, or groin, and skin rash. Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur. The other side effects are loss of vision, night blindness, and tunnel vision. The medicine works for your problems. But taking it for a longer duration needs the supervision of your doctors. It will help to know for how long has the doctor recommended Hetrazan for you. There is no need for a detailed cardiac evaluation purely based on the results.

But at any time if you have any chest discomfort or pain then a basic cardiac evaluation can be done. The COVID vaccination is manufactured as many brand names. We have taken covishield and many known people have taken covaxin. As per reports, Covishield helps in travel purposes. As such vaccines are to protect the subject and rare reactions can happen in one in a million humans. Clinical trials for covishield are more reliable. Multivitamin supplements can be taken in small doses. It will not cause any serious problems over a long time. However, you can always change vitamin supplements once in a while if you feel.

Extra vitamin B12 will not cause a serious problem for you. Your husband has mildly decreased hemoglobin and mildly increased triglycerides. His fasting glucose and HbA1c are mildly increased. If there is a family history of diabetes then he needs to have a regular follow-up. Eventration of the diaphragm will not cause any vaccination problems. He can get a pulmonologist opinion and review lung function for his breathing and eventration of the lung. Bandy plus can be taken by adults and children at the recommended dose.

For adults, it is usually a single dose. The tablet strength of Bandy plus is 6 mg of Ivermectin and 400 mg of Albendazole. For children, a single dose of Bandy with a suspension of 10 ml is given. Please consult his pediatrician as needed for any health concerns that you might have. Ultracid can be continued for your gastritis. Esox D (Domperidone with Esmoprazole) is a good substitute for Pan D (Pantoprazole) and you can start taking it if it is given by your doctors. Regards and thanks.

|